Well took the entire week off to fish the Salmon Slam and 1000k a day tourney. We fished out of Canada all week it was exciting to say the least. Saturday we pulled in front of the Welland and the bait was thick as could be within 15mins had a king on around 10lbs. That would be the only  fish we boated that day. Took sunday off to return on Monday. Drove all the way across the border launched the boat and i pulled the trailer up to the lot. Came back to the boat and my 2 partners were deer in headlights. The starter took a sh**. So much for vacation day number one worked on it all day and luckily got it repaired in time for Tuesday. Tuesday was beatiful day our program was 2 leadcores, 2 riggers, and 2 dipseys. First line in the water and we couldn't keep a pole in the water we boated no joke around 40 fish that day with 2 majors for the combined weight 30lbs total for our first tally to the 7 fish. Wednesday was semi calm in the morning but got nasty however first fish on was our first fish over 20lbs. We ended up catching a mix of fish total weight around 60 some pounds with 4 fish. Now comes the exciting part do we weigh in a 14lb fish or gamble to catch 2 more fish. We decided to weigh in the 14. The next day was left over East winds which were supposed to be heavy so we opted to not fish. Of course we later found out the lake was flat... figures.

Friday our final day to fish and last day of tourney. We knew we needed over 17 to have a nail biter and another 20 we make us feel comfortable. First fish on we happend to stike gold i fought it for about 30mins and we ended up landing another one over 20lbs. What a relief...........next fish ended up being 18lbs which would of help the cause but we could only weigh in the 20. It was fun to fish and hearing the sound of the drag scream reminds me why we all love to fish Lake O......PS the boat is now for sale in the LOU classifieds my buddy didn't plan on selling it as the engine was just redone last year but he came across a great deal on a bigger boat and jumped on it. Here is a pic of the Friday kings.

post-143567-0-88409200-1399817508_thumb.jpg

We ran a spoon program, the 2 big boys came on green gator and NBK. I think we boated  under 100 fish for the 4 days we fished mostly coho biggest around  3-5lbs and a couple browns under 10lbs and a handful of lakers biggest i would say maybe 8lbs. I have to admit we lost 3 kings one which looked around 18lbs at the boat and the 2  were on may hands pole took off and they were on for about 20 seconds and came off. Needless to say i didn't touch another rod that day after my jinx.....

Good job guys! You guys beat us by 8.45 pounds. We (team outlaw) had an exceptional tournament. The best part for us is we never left the Oak Orchard. Caught a majority of our fish from the break wall to the park. Which for me was crazy because I was thinking about running everywhere. Rochester/Canada but it didn't really matter because we did pretty good for fishing out of the oak. Second place in the salmon slam 15th overall fish in the LOC. It was a great time and a fun week of fishing.

Weird as there was another boat named Outlaw fishing next to us in Canadian water we thought he was the guy. We gambled on weighing the 14lber on Wednesday. Whether or not the stars would allinged who knows but we ended up boating that 20 and one pushing 19 that would of made the spread even bigger. You never know. Only thing i learned in this tourney being what i would consider my biggest tourney to fish in amongst the top salmon guys is read the fine print could pay up to $10,000 up to 70 boats. I believe 35 were entered and i didn't see anywhere where it mentioned 5 places being paid out maybe i missed it? What a heart breaker learning how many boats were actually in it and the final payout.. We had a fun time none the less

I wondered how many boats also..I heard 42. Not even sure how much the places paid in the end or where we stood in the list of teams. Not sure what everyone who were early bird entries got for sponsor prizes each day. Only saw the raymarine, okuma, yeti winners. Was there a team standings list below the top 5?...just curious. .Mark

cent frum my notso smart fone