the perfect boat

21-23 fiberglass walkaround or express with an outboard and kicker. That or a 21 aluminum walkthrough windshield. That's my tastes anyways....

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I love my 18' Lund Alaskan for it's versatility. It has plenty of room to fish 3. I use it into January for duck hunting and have it ready for browns as early as March. With bow mount electric motor, 9.9 kicker and 60 hp Mercury 4 stroke it fishes cheap. With 2 downriggers, a planing board mast, and rod holders I can fish salmon, trout, bass, pike, walleyes and panfish. True it may not handle really big weather but I don't like fishing in big waves anyway. It also works well on the St. Lawrence and some of the Indian River Lakes. I've taken it to fish and duck hunt many locations  throughout the state and it has a great trailer that pulls and loads very easily.

I would go with the 221V Islander as well it's sturdy in the big water, a breeze to trailer and big enough to spend the day on and take a nap in the afternoon. Just try and get outboards on it if you can. I'm thinking of puling my I/O and mounting twin 75's instead 

The only advantage to an O/B is not having to drain the block when using in very cold weather IMHO. I grew up using an OB but now love my I/O. the 4.3L engine is a very efficient engine, plenty of power as well. 

and to add to that, I can still find just about any mechanic to work on my engine. O/B's now adays....I dont think so

and to add to that, I can still find just about any mechanic to work on my engine. O/B's now adays....I dont think so

The boat that is paid for and runs all day on a gallon of fuel

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still using a 1998 Tracker Targa 2000 glass boat 20ft-5 inches, 225 Merc E.F.I. & Honda 15hp 4-Stroke Kicker,I fish 7 ft waves in Lake Erie by the Buffalo Harbor.Trolls straight as an arrow in 3 footers and weight is heavy enough that you do not take a beating.Low to the water for netting and releasing fish.Very dry ride,easy to keep the bow high when running through waves,Full windshield,side curtians and drop enclosure for bad weather. If I were to purchase a new boat it would be a  Lund 208 Pro-V GL with full windshield,300 hp Merc Verado and Merc Big Foot 15hp Kicker. This style of boat can be trailered easy,used in small water to big water,get you from A to B at 65 mph and troll all day on 2 gallons of gasoline.