Conesus 5/10/2014 Walleye

RWhite

Its great to see interest in the diary program! We all must do our part to help ...thanks for the info muskiedreams. Its important that we educate ourselves, and then use the info to educate others. Anyone have any info on how to get a fingerlake walleye association started? Ill start doing some research, but I certainly would be open to suggestions!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Justin,

I was thinking that if there a number of loclized walleye clubs throughout the finger lakes, maybe a federation of finger lakes walleye clubs could be set up, with each club having one club representative. It could be similar to the Erie County Federation of Sportsman's Clubs or the Chautauqua County Fedreation of Sportsman's Clubs. Larry is our representative in both of those organizations. I believe there are other counties that have similar groups. These organizations are comprised of a variety of different fishing, hunting, and gun clubs. I'm not sure if there are other types of outdoor sporting clubs involved, such as kayakers. bicicle clubs hiking clubs etc. I believe if a club wants to be a part of it they have to pay anual dues and would then choose a member to be their representative. I am not sure about what they do for funding besides the dues. I'm not sure what would be involved in setting it up. It may also involve applying for non profit status. Larry may know the answers to these questions.

In Erie county, there is also the Erie county Fisheries Advisory Board which I believe advises the county in regard to any fishery related projects funding they are involved in. There may be similar groups or the potential to form similar groups in the various counties in the finger lakes to help to organize funding from the state and other sources for fisheries projects in each respective county.

My wife and her sisters have a cottage they inherited early,on the West Side of Conesus lake down towards Cottonwood point that we have used for the last 15 years or so.  Taking the kids fishing for whatever will bite and some bass fishing have dominated most of my fishing there since we got it.  Short of throwing out some pike minnows and hoping to get a pike or walleye I have not really fished for walleyes in the lake.  If anybody would be willing to offer up some hints I would appreciate it.  

I know there are plenty of guys fishing for walleye, and I know there are plenty of people reading this forum yet nobody speaks up.  Sportsmen need to do a better job educating themselves and realize how fish management resources are allocated.  You can bet Otisco will get its fish....I make sure the DEC knows how successful thier stockings are and do everything I can to increase the catch rates for the lake....like sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This thread needs to be moved to the walleye forum so it gets read by the individuals that need this info!

This is the Walleye Forum. This is a thread within that forum.