Seneca 5/11

Hit the lake before Mother's Day breakfast for a quick shot. Realized after getting boat in I forgot a couple of flatline rods. Lake was glass at first light, man did I want to stalk the shallows. Anyway, hit the deep waters to see if anything was lurking out there, sure enough, still deep with loads of bait. Shaping up for a good solid derby. We averaged 8-9 lbs with a stud pushing 13. He was tossed back as the others and should be hungry again in a couple of weeks just in time. Stayed up in the home grown north end as always. Good to get out for some quick practice.post-150509-13998559161502_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

WTG Mike! Let's hope those slobs are still out there come derby time and the "north enders" can score big :lol:  Looks like the boat works just fine :)

Since i have gotten into watching Wicked Tuna, I think we should officially rename the north end during derby weekend.  My suggestion is:   GOOGANVILLE! :rofl:  :headbang:

• Thanks Les, boats running, just some nick nack stuff I want to take care of.  Just hoping for some better weather than last year.  By the way, I can remember back shooting the states archery 3 D shoot one year in the finals, I held my hat for a guy that was shooting in our group to block the sun out while he was taking his shot, after he shot a perfect 10, another guy asked why I did that, I said " if I end up beating him, theres not going to be any execuses......"  So to the southenders, no execuses.......lol 

Actually there isn't one.....we bust each others cayunes but the "south enders" are a great bunch of guys and we have a lot of respect for them....on the other hand Sampson :lol:

I will be fishing out of a boat for the derby this year that is alot more fuel efficient and able to make long runs so you north enders beware when I cross the mason Dixon carrying that confederate flag.... lol...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I will be fishing out of a boat for the derby this year that is alot more fuel efficient and able to make long runs so you north enders beware when I cross the mason Dixon carrying that confederate flag.... lol...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Nice Mike! The North end boys don't know that the South end guys booked all the slips at Sampson this year:). I can't even count how many times I made the run from Watkins to Sampson last year it does burn some gas. But that's where all the fish are the north end guys haven't learned how to catch them so the population is up on the north end. :). LOL. What I like to call a target rich environment.

Sean...

Hahahahah.

I'm excited for the derby. The south end isn't shaping up like last year and face it, the Lakers on the north end are begging to be caught.

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

:lol:  We're lovin it.....and getting ready to give you fellas some lessons on north end fishing...you guys have gotten soft from catching those gold fish bowl landlocks ... :)

Sean...

Hahahahah.

I'm excited for the derby. The south end isn't shaping up like last year and face it, the Lakers on the north end are begging to be caught.

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

nick will know what I mean with this one "go back, go back" and no one follows the little boat!!!!

Just substitute pics of us north enders with lakers like that during the derby and you guys will have a real pic :lol:

P.S. I don't think I've ever been as excited about a derby as much as this one for some reason :) !

Edited by Sk8man

Just substitute pics of us north enders with lakers like that during the derby and you guys will have a real pic :lol:

P.S. I don't think I've ever been as excited about a derby as much as this one for some reason :) !

now now les I think someone is doing a little dreaming or at least fishing the wrong lake, Eire lakes can not be weighed in hahahaha!!! And as for the boat stopping that was the last boat I had nick this one is not nearly as bad lol