Put in at Sandy Creek and fished out by the mouth and headed west, Surface temp. was 54.7 at the mouth and dropped to 49 as we went farther east. Also went out toward Drown Island. A slow morning with 2 lakers and 2 browns. All were caught on spoons in 12-25 fow. When activity slowed we pulled the boat and ran to Sackets and trolled for walleyes but came up empty. We did have one fish on but dropped it before we could determine what it was. Trolled sticks off the rigger and cranks on the boards.

post-144887-0-49602900-1399926281_thumb.jpg

Hi Kevin,  We fished black river bay and Chaumont bay last week.  Black river bay was very brown colored from run off all the way out past bull rock.  Chaumont was much more clear.  both bays were just over 50 deg. towards the end of the week.  we had beautiful walleyes in both bays however Chaumont was better for us.  stingers with 1 oz. gib weights off the boards was our best producer and 4.5" storm shallow divers ("Tenesee shad) behind half ounce split shot also took fish .  1.75 mph did the trick.  The lowrance was packed with fish throughout both bays and as usual the suspended fish were takers and mid day bottom huggers were tough.  it did seem that the end of the week picture was many fish exiting the bay off point peninsula.  I really enjoy your river posts later in the year.  Glad to swap info any time .  ill be back up this weekend.        

Chris

Hi Kevin,  We fished black river bay and Chaumont bay last week.  Black river bay was very brown colored from run off all the way out past bull rock.  Chaumont was much more clear.  both bays were just over 50 deg. towards the end of the week.  we had beautiful walleyes in both bays however Chaumont was better for us.  stingers with 1 oz. gib weights off the boards was our best producer and 4.5" storm shallow divers ("Tenesee shad) behind half ounce split shot also took fish .  1.75 mph did the trick.  The lowrance was packed with fish throughout both bays and as usual the suspended fish were takers and mid day bottom huggers were tough.  it did seem that the end of the week picture was many fish exiting the bay off point peninsula.  I really enjoy your river posts later in the year.  Glad to swap info any time .  ill be back up this weekend.        

Chris

Excellent posts buy the walleye hunters, it's always a pleasure to read the posts with the tactics involved!!  Kerchner it's a small world I live in Kresgeville PA. about 20 minutes from WindGap, I worked for PVT. truck & trailer on Male Rd. Had a few cold ones at the Beer Stein!!  :beer:  :beer:  :P

hi Pap,  small world indeed!  I remember several of your posts from last season.  we have a cottage on three mile bay and are up there most weekends now through fall.  we plan on following the walleye's around for a few more weeks before turning attention to the deep water stuff.  Also hope to fill a few buckets with perch this summer.  Ill keep you guys posted on anything that seems to work. 

chris

Water is warming up fast guys. Went from 50deg on Tuesday to over 61deg on Saturday in the warmest pockets. That temp swing has scattered the walleye a bit. They're still around but don't seem to be as concentrated as they were the first week where a limit could easily be had. Many more bottom huggers. Get deep and entice those neutral fish and you'll still boat some nice eyes before they move out.

Pics are always nice:

post-151421-13999807694011_thumb.jpg

post-151421-13999809046966_thumb.jpg

post-151421-13999809732038_thumb.jpg

Good luck out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Water is warming up fast guys. Went from 50deg on Tuesday to over 61deg on Saturday in the warmest pockets. That temp swing has scattered the walleye a bit. They're still around but don't seem to be as concentrated as they were the first week where a limit could easily be had. Many more bottom huggers. Get deep and entice those neutral fish and you'll still boat some nice eyes before they move out.

Pics are always nice:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1399980768.047419.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1399980903.397116.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1399980972.497073.jpg

Good luck out there!!

Were you fishing Chaumont?  I had temps that were 56* on Friday then with the cold rain only 49* Saturday and Sunday.

That water can change everyday depending on the wind direction. Stony point was 41° Sunday morning and down to drowned island was 46-48. Last year it did this and by memorial day I'd was crystal clear cold water in black river bay. It can change quickly. When we came in Sunday the temp just off stony was already up to 44 from the west winds.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes sir. That heavy east wind Friday night didn't help. Water temps were high Saturday everywhere. Didn't fish Sunday. I imagine the west wind helped push colder water in for Sunday though.

That water can change everyday depending on the wind direction. Stony point was 41° Sunday morning and down to drowned island was 46-48. Last year it did this and by memorial day I'd was crystal clear cold water in black river bay. It can change quickly. When we came in Sunday the temp just off stony was already up to 44 from the west winds.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Agreed. Ya never know. Makes fishing interesting... each day can be a bit different this time of year.

P.s. John - you ready to replace carpeting already in that new Lund of yours?? I would imagine it's close with all the slobs you've been pulling in this year and last! Haha

Chris

Excellent report Chris. Thanks.

We fished Black River Bay area out of Henderson Harbor and found some warmer (60 degree) colored water and did very well on walleyes up to 11 1/2 pounds and also cught a stray 6 pound smallmouth, several browns, and a laker. Fish were caught on shallow diving plugs in 12-24 fow on planer boards; and michican stingers with Gibbs weights flatlined out back. Weather was sunny and warm and fish hit all day long. I'm used to sunrise/sunset bite or ugly weather being best. Sometimes it just deosn't matter.

Was a slaughter out there today. I'm sure there's one or two left. Ha

you find any browns out here today. Just curious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Lake Ontario United mobile app