This is going to sound like a broken record but here it goes anyway......

I had the privilege of fishing on team Rigger Us ( Capt. John, JakeyBaby, ReelyHooked and Draggin Ballz) at the WHI this past weekend. After fishing two days at home for the American Red Cross Casting For Caring, I Joined Capt. John for some pre fishing Wednesday, Thursday , and Friday......Wednesday we ran 17 miles east of Wilson and set up in 10-14 feet....we tried to maintain that depth and trolled some "split shot" rigs , flat lines, and some slide divers.....Stand outs were the Finger Lakes Bob Barker (Small size) the DW SSW ( there you go Yankee) and a large 1980's black and silver Rebel...lol.....Talk about turning the clock back!!! We had 5 kings a pile of Cohos and Browns and a gorgeous Atlantic....Stopped counting after 45 bites...

Having decent intel on the eastern area, we ran to the Red can and took a look around....Holy Icebergs batman!!! The water was 37 degrees on top.....We slow trolled back to Wilson and only managed some chickens....

Friday we ran back to the East and ventured even farther....we found a nice bubble of 48 degree water and worked that area most of the day...SSW was the man....Black and silver lighter spoons worked well also.. We caught some real nice Kings Friday.....I wasn't overly confident because there were some great anglers in the field , but I thought we would be a contender....

Saturday comes and we head back East (with the rest of the fleet) and we set up on our waypoints....Cold water got blown in and screwed up the inside bite...we picked and ran to Johnson's creek and found things the same....way too cold.... We bounced around looking for fish, but we ended up with the goose egg for the board...... Like the old saying goes, that's fishing.....I don't really feel bad now that I look back....We stuck with a plan, and we made decisions as a team.....Not to mention there were some excellent teams who also came up short....Congrats to the winners, They seemed like really good guys. Tight lines guys......

post-139783-0-16431500-1399928393_thumb.jpg

This is going to sound like a broken record but here it goes anyway......

I had the privilege of fishing on team Rigger Us ( Capt. John, JakeyBaby, ReelyHooked and Draggin Ballz) at the WHI this past weekend. After fishing two days at home for the American Red Cross Casting For Caring, I Joined Capt. John for some pre fishing Wednesday, Thursday , and Friday......Wednesday we ran 17 miles east of Wilson and set up in 10-14 feet....we tried to maintain that depth and trolled some "split shot" rigs , flat lines, and some slide divers.....Stand outs were the Finger Lakes Bob Barker (Small size) the DW SSW ( there you go Yankee) and a large 1980's black and silver Rebel...lol.....Talk about turning the clock back!!! We had 5 kings a pile of Cohos and Browns and a gorgeous Atlantic....Stopped counting after 45 bites...

Having decent intel on the eastern area, we ran to the Red can and took a look around....Holy Icebergs batman!!! The water was 37 degrees on top.....We slow trolled back to Wilson and only managed some chickens....

Friday we ran back to the East and ventured even farther....we found a nice bubble of 48 degree water and worked that area most of the day...SSW was the man....Black and silver lighter spoons worked well also.. We caught some real nice Kings Friday.....I wasn't overly confident because there were some great anglers in the field , but I thought we would be a contender....

Saturday comes and we head back East (with the rest of the fleet) and we set up on our waypoints....Cold water got blown in and screwed up the inside bite...we picked and ran to Johnson's creek and found things the same....way too cold.... We bounced around looking for fish, but we ended up with the goose egg for the board...... Like the old saying goes, that's fishing.....I don't really feel bad now that I look back....We stuck with a plan, and we made decisions as a team.....Not to mention there were some excellent teams who also came up short....Congrats to the winners, They seemed like really good guys. Tight lines guys......

Brother Matt,

You are another classy charter captain who is always willing to share reports and detailed information in your reports. I have always appreciated your great reports and honesty!

I hope you have a great and safe year on the water - stay in touch,

Chris

Thanks for the kind words guys.....Chris, absolutely no problem....Im going to try some new "tricks" with divers this season. If they work out, I will post it up.....In theory it should work...LOL......In theory....

Rob.....it was cool to fish with you man....Talk about getting thrown in the fire...LOL.....I bet you had no idea what you were getting in to...

Besides this past Saturday, this spring has been the best season started Ive had in 20 years.....Hopefully the good fishing continues......Tight lines boys!

To say I had a blast would be an understatement!! The team we had was great fun even tho the fishing was awful on Saturday. I would drop what im doing anytime to fish with you guys again! Not to mention this tournament is top notch and anyone who hasn't had the privilege to fish it should really give it a try, you wont regret it for a second!

From the great report this is what fishing is really all about - having fun with good folks you want to be with and doing stuff you enjoy doing while sharing and learning! Hats off to you guys and thanks for the report! :yes: