Chinook Diver?

I purchased a Chinook Diver recently and wondered if anyone here has any experience with them. This was the first time id ever seen them so i dont know if they are new this year. Quite impressed with them. Seems like they will pull hard and offer little resistance when tripped. Hoping maybe they will make some different acoustics in the water compared to a standard diver. Just something else to try or maybe just more gear that i dont need. :) thoughts on this item? thanks, mark

That depth chart shows some pretty good depths. 2:1 Ratio-Line to Depth. I dont know what size i have as they are not marked. I got mine at slippery sinker in Olcott. 

i fished with a charter this past weekend and he showed them to me and we had a dipsy rod set with it, pretty nice set-up. i really like the fact that you don't need to let out a ton of line to achieve the depths.

Looking forward to trying these out. Sent an email to the company about the sizing of these divers and they got back to me right away. 

The inventor of these divers is a charter captain from Rochester....his boat is docked three docks away from me....a true gentleman and a die hard fisherman. I'm sure you will be happy with them.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Missdemeanor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

post is a little old but thought I would share   I have run them for two years I only have a pair of size 4 and a pair or #5 divers.   I don't even have any dipsy divers on the boat anymore.   the only negative thing I have run into is the holder part of the release on the diver itself gets bent after a hard hit and does not dive well when redeployed and have to bend it back to dive true again   its only happened twice to us. I will be getting another set over winter