Skeneateles lake

Fished out of Scott park yesterday nothing moved n the west side of the lake. Any body doing much on this lake. Have caught nice rainbows this time of year. Water was cold. Fished 10 to 20 fow. With boards and small spoons.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think the problem you encountered is more related to weather factors than anything else...the incredibly cold winter we had has set back the clock on things environmentally. For example the trees around here appear about a week or two behind the usual (still budded instead of full fledged leaves etc. Most folks are reporting colder than usual water temps in close and the bait appears to still be out deep in many places yet so  the fish aren't in in the usual numbers yet where they might be expected. You might try working out deeper than usual for this time of year and toward the bottom and also look for wherever you can find bait pods and fish that area.  At this time of year wind direction can really mess up the water no matter where you are fishing...sometimes in just a few hours.

Hey thanks for the info guys. Just getting frustrated to many days between days I get to fish. Everything is slow. Haven't got to get to lake Ontario yet and now reports from up there seem to be finding out.

Thanks Sk8man you seem to know your stuff pertaining to the fingerlakes. I grew up dragging copper and lead in cauga lake. Some of the things I've read about your seth green rigs I did with my grandfather useing the record players for reels and pulling fish off the bottom by hand. He just passed this March and with him went more knowledge than I could have ever remembered. Even at 85 if I wasn't catching fish he some how knew why. So thanks again. Nice to have questions answered