Swivels for spoons (kings)

What swivel do you use to attach spoon to leader or line? --I've always preferred the smallest Sampo ball bearing coastlocks (size 1, 30#). I've had great luck with SPRO's also. ....but man are these expensive!

Are the dreamweavers decent? Their coastlocks aren't as small so I'd have to use a non-coastlock swivel, or a larger size coastlock. Think a larger swivel would negatively impact lure action?

What do you use?

Markmonkey

IMO...any quality swivel is strong enough.  I have the SPRO, Sampo and Dreamweaver swivels.  I'm not afraid to run big paddles off of them either.  This spring i've been using eagle claw 25 lbs snap swivels for browns.  And we've landed 2 nice spring kings.  No failures.

Personally would stay with spro, sampo, and dreamweaver in the smallest size you can get away with...in 20 years have scene two sampos break, and they were always the ones with split rings...they weaken over time and the split ring will straighten and bye-bye fishy...ill pay two bucks a swivel any day as they do last, and need to be confident the swivel will take a beating us trollers dish out...large swivels will dampen lure action but have scene plenty of people using much largely swivels than i ever would, and they catch plenty of fish...

The first thing I consider is getting SOLID RING (not split ring) swivels The split ring type can cut the line with heavy fish (it cost me a real money fish a few years ago in a derby)

The first thing I consider is getting SOLID RING (not split ring) swivels The split ring type can cut the line with heavy fish (it cost me a real money fish a few years ago in a derby)

:yes:  :yes:   I also like a round bend not an angular one that way it won't jam on the nose of the spoon.  Esp. if it dosne't have a ring on the front of the spoon

Edited by Big Dave