Dunkirk ny report

RD9

Third time out fishing out of dunkirk today water temp is 54. No walleyes during the day but off vanburen in 15 to 20 ft caught some nice steel head and browns. Week ago today boated three steel head and lost 4 or 5 with a walleye dropped by the net. Fish are coming off rapalas on church boards. In the afternoons bottom is packed with fish and I imagine if they were bass we would be catching them. Just started will post again tommorrow on today's results.

Ill be fishing out of Barcelona this weekend...weather permitting.  What are you catching the steelies on?  Flashers and flies?  Spoons?  Which colors...I crush lake trout and walleye out of Barcelona and Northeast, but have never done well with steelhead there.  Ive trolled up to Brockton sholes looking for steelies with no luck

We got the steelhead on rapalas blue and silver jointed f9, same with browns. Got a few off riggers 5ft down 100 back. Today was completely different surface temp west of point was 57 to 60 degrees. We caught lots and lots of bass big ones. We also caught a laker in 20ft of water right of the point. It was roughly 10lbs. We got a sheepshead that was one of the biggest we have caught pushing 9lbs. Would have stayed later but weather moved in real fast about 8pm.

Only us and a few southerners fishing for bass.

I know the smallies are getting hammered right now.  Trolling in the shallows seems to be producing a mixed bag of fish.  Lots of smallies, good amount of browns and steelies, lakers in deeper water, and if youre lucky....a walleye.  I still plan on heading out this weekend.  When will you be going out again

Great reports guys. I was looking to launch the boat for the year this weekend, but with Memorial Day that's not going to happen. Been doing good in Ontario, but now its time to head out for some eyes and get the boat in the water for the year !!

Good Luck out there.

Me and my five year old son went out caught a few perch out front and then trolled west in 30 ft of water and got rewarded with some big lakers and a steelhead. The lakers are stacked up in close from the harbor west to the point. Seems 30 to 40 ft was best, watermellon SS spoons off riggers just off the bottom. Steelhead came up high. Word is the bass fisherman have been getting lakers jigging off van Buren.