Fishing Apps for I-Phone

Just got a new I-phone and I was wondering what Apps are you guys using when fishing.  I was thinking about using them to log fishing trip info along with catch log.  Does any use the Fishidy.com site or the App?  Thank you for your input.

One of the apps I use is called wind alert, can get for I phone or android. I fish Lake Ontario a lot and it is invaluable. You can create a list of weather stations for the ports you fish and with a tap of the screen not only see what the velocity and wind direction is but even more importantly tap again and see the last 24 hours of history. Also can see what wind velocity, speed and direction are predicted for that particular port. Has saved me a lot of time and gas

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a group of guys, you can set up a WhatsApp account and make posts. Everyone in your group gets your posts as you make them. A great way to share and receive up to the minute info among a group of people. We have an account set up among LOTSA members and share info among twenty people or so.

Navionics is great especially if you fish on other people's boats. You can mark locations when fishing with them and then later use the info on your own boat.

You can use voice to text to send yourself a text of the details of fish being caught instead of writing info into a fish log by hand. You can expand that idea by taking a short video holding the spoon or attractor/fly combo and logging the same fish log info. Include a reference shot each time against something so you can compare the sunlight or lack thereof. Later than evening you can transcribe the voice texts into a more permanent log and fill in any missing details.

There are lots of ideas along these lines. You don't necessary need an App, just think about how you can creatively use the features you already have on the phone. You have a voice recorder, camera, video camera, text, and telephone in the palm of your hand...

Edited by John E Powell