Seneca debris watkins

Penn Yan village opened all flood gates in the town this afternoon to release all the trap stuff and increase the flow out of Keuka lake. the town rarely ever does this but it means Seneca lake will see a large flow of timbers, trees, building material and mud.  Be advised that boating will be risking business and the toury next week-end could be un-safe.

Wow! May have to put 1/2 inch steel on the hulls before the derby Nick! :)  Not a good omen....Thanks for the heads up

Was out on lake today - hit a 4 x 4 x 4 foot long timber under stuff in the south channel- there are walls of trees & branches every where and mud slicks like I have never seen before - fishing is tough too - Even when you hook up you can and will lose fish to branches and limbs - it happen to me twice today. it is a mess every where on seneca

What happens to all this debris? Does it make its way to shore or sink making for snags everywhere? Just curious, PAP. PS. Nice to see 8 out of the 9 posts PRO members, not knocking others just like seeing people supporting the site!!

Edited by pap

You won't get snagged on it. Others of us are extremely limited on time. Give us a chance to get it in gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What happens to all this debris? Does it make its way to shore or sink making for snags everywhere? Just curious, PAP. PS. Nice to see 8 out of the 9 posts PRO members, not knocking others just like seeing people supporting the site!!

supported it for years , this year I took that $20.00 + money from me and supported the M.P.L.P.  felt much better...........

Pap a lot of the debris on Seneca ends up on the shoreline beaches depending on wind direction but also much goes out the canal system by way of the Seneca Canal at the north east end of the lake. It flows into the Cayuga Lake system (north end and out the Seneca River to parts east....) I believe something could hypothetically reach the ocean by this route (e.g. St Lawrence to Hudson River). As young kids we used to put notes in bottles and send them by the Seneca Canal :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Pap a lot of the debris on Seneca ends up on the shoreline beaches depending on wind direction but also much goes out the canal system by way of the Seneca Canal at the north east end of the lake. It flows into the Cayuga Lake system (north end and out the Seneca River to parts east....) I believe something could hypothetically reach the ocean by this route (e.g. St Lawrence to Hudson River). As young kids we used to put notes in bottles and send them by the Seneca Canal :lol:

Sk8man funny you would mention that, I heard a guy pulled a note out of a bottle floating down the Hudson the other day that read " The Southenders are gonna dominate the Northenders in the 50th annual Lake Trout Derby " Lol

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app