LOU Live Chat Feedback

BlueEye

Live Chat Setup  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Live Chat Setup

• Log-In -> Live Chat Area
    • Log-In -> Select Chat Room (General, Finger Lakes, Tournament, create your own room, ect.) -> Live Chat Area

Hi everyone,

As you all probably already know, we are well into the design of the new Lake Ontario United (LOU). It does take a good deal of time to design, code and secure such an already large and established site. What I wanted to talk to you about today is the LOU Live Chat feature we plan to implement. Right now the live chat is setup so that your username/password to get into the chat is the same as your current username/password for the message board. My question is in regards to the first screen you are going to see after you log into the chat. Here the options:

1.) Log-In -> Live Chat Area

2.) Log-In -> Select Chat Room (General, Finger Lakes, Tournament, create your own room, ect.) -> Live Chat Area

As you can see option 1 would filter everyone that logs in to the same room. Option one gives you a screen of choices. Also, i f you have any suggestions on what the different rooms should be, I would like to hear. Right now I have General Chat, Finger Lakes Chat and Tournament Chat. I appreciate your time and feedback.

Hey Skein - You are correct. Infact, the way it is set up now, you would see the screen with each room and next to each room would be (# of people in room)/(max users in room). For example, the screen after you log in would like like this:

room_list.jpg

You can see that you will be able to tell how many people are in the room (and also, how many people in a single room the server can handle - I don't think we will exceed 50 people in any room, but I could be wrong).

Hope this helps...

coffee shop - don't you mean photoshop?

Come on guys. There are alot of users of this board and we have not had feedback from most of you. We are working very hard to make LOU more secure and the BEST fishing site on the net. Let's hear from some of you.

Steve I was just going to post the same thing.How can so little number of people voting when we have tons of regestered viewers?It make no sense to me :? And Steve this is already the best site around so no need to worry about that ;)

The other thing I wanted to mention about the live chat is there is going to be an option to create your own room. These rooms you create can be public or private (password protected) rooms.

This could be cool if for example the Genesee Charter Association wanted to meet online at 7:00pm. All they would have to do is create a new room and give it a password that only members of the group would know. Now they have their own private, uninterrupted meeting between only GCA members.

Hey Tony,

Well thus far I have been up till about 2am (or until I pass out) every night working on the new site. It has been an exciting and exhausting project to say the least, but I really like how things are turning out. So far, I have everything designed and I am in the process of turning the design into HTML (easier said than done). The live chat will be ready when the new site launches - hopefully sometime in mid to late February. I have the chat done and working as expected. Soon we will start beta testing the new site before it goes live. At this point I can assure you that I am workin' my bass off to get this thing out the door and without any issues. Currently I am working on getting the forum to work seamlessly with the rest of the site.

If you guys got any questions at all (either about the website or anything else to do with web design/computers), I am always happy to answer them, just shoot me a PM. Take care.

Only 38 votes! That is a pretty dismal showing considering there are hundreds of people who read the board. Perhaps they just don't have a preference.

Or their here to Lurking.gif for info/reports................

Maybe ADMIN can do a member cleaning session,like we do on pullers,twice a season(all accounts with no posts are removed).