I took 5 guys i met last year out today for tigers and eyes. Finally Im marking fish on bait. Conditions were a bit rough, wet, and debris EVERYWHERE. We trolled a variety of deep divers covering from 10 to 38 feet down on the west side till we got near laders point and debris and logs forced us to the east side. We picked up a couple nice smallies, and dropped 1 fish. I picked up our speed from 1.7 to 2.5 and switched to a deep perch pattern spread on the south end of the west shore, and got 1 33" tiger 32 feet down that put on good show when it saw the boat. We tried another hour before the debris turned into logs and trees. Conditions were far from good, but we had a great time. Ill get pics from them and post in the AM. I showed them some spots to cast tomorrow from their boat so hopefully they can get some action. I have a crew in the morning to help me build our deck so i wont make out till evening.

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think all the smaller lakes have been tough. Lake Beltzville is high and full of debris and virtually in fishable, that being said, everything will be late this year except the browns on lady O' and the walleyes were playing for some but I did not see any of the big girls, which a season 10 years ago produced the best walleye fish for me ever, which was the first 2 weeks of June. Also a well known walleye fisherman agreed to my statement and he caught his personal best to date. So hang in the best is yet to come.

I think Pap is right and everything seems behind a bit this season so far.  The trees around here were about a week or two behind usual in budding and leaving....June could be a big month....