Conesus Lake

Had a small tournament on Conesus tonight. Water is up because of all the rain. Most docks are under water. Water was stained and had debris floating. Was forced to keep one of my pike because it died in live well. My buddy and I got 6 pike, 1 tiger, 4 smallmouth and 5 largemouth. Water temp was 55-58.

post-154696-14004012582703_thumb.jpgpost-154696-14004013073949_thumb.jpg

White_instincs @instagram

I was planning on fishing Conesus on Friday evening for tiges and then into the night for Eyes. Would appreciate any reports or tips. Also I was wondering about lake level, debris, and if there is still a 5mph speed limit on the lake.

Conesus does not have a 5 mph limit from all that run-off. Canandaigua, Honeyoe, Keuka - they had the problems close to us here.

Started yesterday about 6:15pm. Cast east side points and NE corner til dark for pike and tigers. Just got one LMB.Then  trolled S of launch E side with sticks for eyes. There was a lot of alwives on surface. Even snagged a few on sticks. No eyes. quit around 2:30. Surface temp was 66.

Fished there today from 5:30 til noon. Water was 66/67. Caught 2 small pike and a bass. Had some other follows and hits;all small and no musky. Saw a decent pike caught by a troller. I didn't see any weed disposal stations or power washers but they have this now:post-142867-14019877167706_thumb.jpg the last part says i'm old enough to use the launch free as long as i run over to Letchworth and get a pass.

They had one of these at Canadarago Lake and I was very happy to see that it accepted cards....very convenient as I never have cash on me anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

yeah,the card reader is handy. I wonder if it accepts ebt?

It was less than impressive..... It was about 2-3 weeks ago. The water was really murky for that lake, had maybe 1-3' visibility. We could only fib one patch I weeds on the whole lake that was about 20 yards by 20 yards- pounded it for a while with nothing to show. I did catch one pickerel on the sunken island (which would've been impossible to find w/o my navionics app) and a few minutes later we believe we saw a tiger chasing a baitfish on top of the water. Pounded that area for a long time too with nothing else to show.

We fished for 6 hours or so, packed up and drove 45 minutes back home, grabbed a bite to eat and hit a pike lake 2 miles from my house. In 3 hours we had a 21" largemouth and 2 ok pike with a few other follows an misses. I had a mid 30" come right out of the water after my spoon :(

I remember fishing there a few years ago before I was serious about catching tigers and thought that it looked great, hopefully next spring will be back to what I consider "normal". It's the exact same distance to otisco so I tend to just go to otisco but would really like to get out to canadarago more since they stopped stocking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished conesus this morning for three hours. Hooked up on 8 pike and 3 largemouths. Would have stayed however the cottonwood was extremely bad. Seemed as the day got warmer the cotton got worse. Water temp for the most part was 69

White_instincs @instagram

Went out Fri night at 10 and fished til 3:30.  No eyes.  Trolled and casted.  If alewives we caught were eyes, we would 

have had a limit.  Saw one other guy out there and he said he had not caught any either.  Wondering if there is

a fundamental difference between the two lakes besides the fact that Otisco has trout and Conesus does not.