Conesus Lake

Yep. It was you John. I had taken a vac day from work in order to get a good nap in order to fish.

We gave it a good shot.  Walleyes must have had lockjaw.  I am gonna stay after them but maybe

not so late at night unless you or someone else has a report that they have turned on.

Wind helps a ton, and fish windward flats, points, and bays.   For GOOD fishing you should hear the eyes if you are in the right spot.  I can get some when its flat, but I really know where and how.  If you can hear em you can catch em....it takes just the right cadence and lure too.  Ive had nights they only would hit hj14's on a 3-8 second pause ticking bottom even when im hearing them on top...the easy nights you can use a floater slow rolling just under the surface and you hear them hit before you feel it.  With 2 or 3 guys in the boat you figure it out much faster and then copy each other, or better yet 2-3 boats working the lake together would really help too.  Ive recently taken 11 different guests out 7 have caught fish, and Ive managed at least 1 each time.  Its different every time and if you asked any of them I doubt they would tell you its easy even when the boat is in just the right spot and the walleyes are popping EVERYWHERE!  315angler, captain eyes, johnnywalleye, lyke2fish jump in here...how easy is it?  Remember we didnt waste a minute looking for fish....Dont give up yet! 

Went out Fri night at 10 and fished til 3:30.  No eyes.  Trolled and casted.  If alewives we caught were eyes, we would 

have had a limit.  Saw one other guy out there and he said he had not caught any either.  Wondering if there is

a fundamental difference between the two lakes besides the fact that Otisco has trout and Conesus does not.

You can cast a snagged alewife out on a floating stick...preferably one with rattles, and just let it sit while you cast another rod or just sit and relax a bit....works...ask captain eyes!  

Took my buddy from Arizona today. The cotton wood wasn't an issue at all today. Water temps from 67 to 69. Started first light casting for pike and finished in the afternoon casting for bass. Landed several bass and pike.

White_instincs @instagram

im heading to conesus this up coming Saturday, my goal is to put walleyes in the boat with the knowledge learned from justtracytrolling over the weekend!!

Good luck! There some tanks in there. Looking forward to seeing pics.

i've caught some eye trolling in the spring flatline trolling but not always consistent. hopefully this year i can get some pig eyes and tigers/pike!!

You can get them in IBay the same way Bro, why travel for those Conesus fish?

I like fishing all over!, gets boring fishing the same spot every day! It would also be cool to come down and catch fish when other people can't!

Get your FREAK on!!

The alewife spawn casting bite takes a ton of time to learn enough spots for consistency, but once you do its an every spring 4 week bite. If everyone could catch them they would call it bass fishing! The early padt of the season was so tough most guys quit here. There WAS several boats out every night, but is just me since the fishing turned on. Even the causeway doesnt have much pressure during the time to catch eyes...11 to 4.

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I agree with Justin there is a window every spring that walleye and pike fishing is money. the whole month of may Ive found to be great. better than bass fishing and Im no walleye guy but i can put eyes in the boat during this window in the day time also. However I don't troll. Conesus, Silver and Cuba Lake are solid. People do put eyes in the boat at conesus. Participate in the spring Avon Anglers pike/walleye tournament and you will see it first hand.

Ron I didn't mean that no one wasn't catching them but the having more than just trolling to fall back on is helpful and I'm happy to have learned so new things from Justin! This is a pic from the tourney I won in 06'post-154741-14029300781933_thumb.jpg

Get your FREAK on!!

I won it this year with over 19lbs for walleye and won the pike the next week. Since I started fishing it the last three years I've always takin the pike or the walleye category. Last year I won pike and second in walleye but I fish it alone usually. Honestly I catch all my fish before sun down. Last year was the first year I caught 2 eyes at night and this year I caught 2 at night also. It was nice cuz when the weigh in is at 2 or 3am, and you have your fish already at sun down it makes for a long night to wait to weigh your fish in. Sometimes i go back to the dock and sleep.

Haha, that does suck if you go hours with out catching any thing. I wish that tourney was bigger! Back in the early 2000's when the club was bigger there were 20 boats in the pike and walleye tourneys! Now they're lucky for ten.

Get your FREAK on!!

If you fish solo a lot let me know! I'll come out with ya. I'm all about meeting new people and sharing fishing stories! If you want to come up to IBay I'll take you out!

Get your FREAK on!!