Well, Rochester continues to remain the sleeper port of Lake Ontario.....Today was nothing less than spectacular....Just about everything I put down took shots but there were some stand outs....DW Super slim Acid Rains parked at 12 and 16 ft early, then slightly deeper when the sun got high. Slide divers with Finger Lakes HiVis Alewife and Bob Barker 85 foot back then 20 ft from the boat on a #4 setting....NO ring by the way..... 3 colors and 5 colors with froggy spoons took plenty of rips as well. Had over 25 Kings to net, lost probably another 6......I will take cold winters anytime, if we can have this kind of fishing in the central basin.

Word of caution......watch the trees coming out of the Genny.....With all the rain and the fact that the mouth of the Genny is getting dredged, there are a ton of "Season Enders" floating around.

post-139783-0-35576100-1400448757_thumb.jpg

post-139783-0-00294500-1400448767_thumb.jpg

Well, Rochester continues to remain the sleeper port of Lake Ontario.....Today was nothing less than spectacular....Just about everything I put down took shots but there were some stand outs....DW Super slim Acid Rains parked at 12 and 16 ft early, then slightly deeper when the sun got high. Slide divers with Finger Lakes HiVis Alewife and Bob Barker 85 foot back then 20 ft from the boat on a #4 setting....NO ring by the way..... 3 colors and 5 colors with froggy spoons took plenty of rips as well. Had over 25 Kings to net, lost probably another 6......I will take cold winters anytime, if we can have this kind of fishing in the central basin.

Word of caution......watch the trees coming out of the Genny.....With all the rain and the fact that the mouth of the Genny is getting dredged, there are a ton of "Season Enders" floating around.

I **** the bed yesterday - we had a bad day with only one fish east of I-Bay, but it looks like you guys certainly made up for it today for sure!!!

Do you think the action will get a little deeper next weekend or do you think it'll still be a shoreline bite?

WTG my friend,

Chris

Wow

Nice Catch

- Thanks for the conversation yesterday, I missed talking about the big lake, and it made my day.

Absolutely Pat......Its funny how things have changed from the 80's till now....I almost died laughing when you brought up Caz Pizzo... He is a great guy and a legend of Rochester Trout and Salmon fishing. It was cool to finally meet you....