1991 Yamaha 9.9 electric four stroke

whaler1

Starts right up and runs perfect. After about 15 to 30 minutes it shuts off like you turned off the key. For the next ten minutes you turn the key and it starts up and dies. Again and again and again. After fifteen to twenty times she fires and runs and never quits again for the rest of the trip. Swear at that point she would troll to china. Air, spark or fuel? Have tried all but again I just fire the main till she's back online and she is good for the rest of the day. Have had some pretty good techs check it out but so far nothing has fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

sounds electrical if shuts off that quick,i would put a spark checker on it,ones you can run the motor while connected and see if you are loosing spark.if you dont have a spark checker,get a can of starting fluid,shoot it in the carb when goes to die,if it brings it back,then you know its not spark and probably fuel problem. try using a different fuel line,primer bulb and tank to see if you have a bad primer bulb or bad tank vent.if that stuff dont work,try to find a respectable yamie dealer.

Sometimes it can be a bad fuel line connector at either end (and especially where it goes on the motor) or the bulb is sucking air

Are you running both motors from your boats main fuel tank?  If so you may need to install positive shutoff in kicker fuel line. Had same prob. seems like big motor could be creating vac. Let me know if that works,