Canon Digitroll TS 10 problems

Anyone else who has these ever have the transducer readings go crazy? I was using mine this weekend and last weekend using the bottom tracking, and the readings would go from what was expected, say 75ft...then the numbers would start going nuts...150, 225, 400, etc......it would then of course start unspooling cable thinking that it needed to be 5ft off the bottom or whatever the transducer readings say. Once it would finish going nuts it would get the real reading again and start trying to spool back up the cable...it created birds nests in the cable, kinks, and 1 lost ball and release set due to the cable snapping after it dropped and got caught on the bottom. It would run fine for an hour or so at a time then go crazy again for 5 minutes...then be fine again for a while then go nuts etc....it's 2 weeks in a row, I adjusted my trolling motor to be further away from the transducer, thinking that the bubbles or turbulence was messing up the readings, but that doesn't make sense as it would do it in calm conditions, windy conditions, waves, etc....it was no pattern or rhyme or reason to it.....any advice or help is appreciated.

If any of this helps, each is attached to their own battery, they are connected to each other by the Canon cable. I have Raymarine and Lowrance fish finders, the Lowrance is 433/800khz and the Raymarine is 50/200khz...I turned off the Lowrance to see if that helped, but still the crazy readings....

I think it's a crap transducer. I have the same riggers brand new and my transducer does the same thing. I don't use that feature for the same reason. Buddy of mine has them with same problem. I would like to know what you find out. Sean

• 5 months later...

I'm having this exact problem with my digitrol 10 dept readings going crazy when in the bottom tracking mode. the problem seems to happen close to the same location on the lake at depts below 80 feet. I have two digitrol 10s connected to the same transducer and they both act crazy at the same time. Does any one else have this problem and is there a fix ?

I'll still go with the problem being with the internal board's interpretation of the data coming from the transducer rather than the transducer itself. My hunch is that because the problem is similar for others it may be inherent in the hardware (board design) too if there isn't software update capabilities. I'll be surprised if it turns out to be the transducer since most are primarily "conduits" for receiving the signal transmission rather than "interpreters" of the data per se.

Edited by Sk8man