chaumont 5/17 5/18

kerchner

Saturday hit the water at 530.  set up on outer edges of three mile point and headed on a line that would take us around the outer edges of Herrick and Johnson shoals in 25 fow.  30 minutes later we took a nice 8# fish on a stinger modified green dolphin 16' down over 25' 1.8 mph.   after the fish was into the net the winds already made things all but un-fishable.  headed back to dock and was unable to go back out.  Sunday a.m. calm conditions but smack dab into a cold front.  No walleye takers, but did a nice northern with several smaller ones to keep things interesting.  basically a very slow day but nice to be out with friends and family.  next weekend will most likely end the walleye hunt for us as we will start running a trout program. 

post-139749-0-24825700-1400545277_thumb.jpg

post-139749-0-01949500-1400545302_thumb.jpg

Excellent job guys!!! The hunt never ends for me, I will set up for eyes early thenfish nearby waters for the silver, hopfully with some gold in the box. Nice report gonna miss your eye reports. PAP.

I will still have some walleye reports going forward. I enjoy your reports as well Pap. There will be several days that just make more sense to look for them. Sometimes we trailer up to the st. Lawrence especially on days we get blown off open water. The area is so diverse and we are fortunate to have the option to fish so many species.

I will still have some walleye reports going forward. I enjoy your reports as well Pap. There will be several days that just make more sense to look for them. Sometimes we trailer up to the st. Lawrence especially on days we get blown off open water. The area is so diverse and we are fortunate to have the option to fish so many species.

Is it basically the same program you use in the river?  I have never fished the river but have thought about it out by the Cape.

Hey Chas.

I usually fish the river mid to late summer. They seem to be much less scattered and in groups tight to structure. At that point we usually do short drifts with jig and crawlers. In recent years the goby's have made that tough. If you are fishing this weekend let me know. I talked to a few guys and got some pretty good info.

We fish bay this weekend (we had five boats) only got one eye. Pick up some nice bass. Couple guys rock some big bullhead. Lots of trolling had some nice marks just could not move a rod over them. Think weather did not help. Be back on Thursday to Tues. Hope they turn on.

post-141343-0-02146300-1400595088_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-44275200-1400595263_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-93571100-1400595433_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-87536100-1400595625_thumb.jpg

The smallies were nuts 2 weeks ago. I caught my personal best at 6lbs. 2oz. of course she was full of roe.

We fish bay this weekend (we had five boats) only got one eye. Pick up some nice bass. Couple guys rock some big bullhead. Lots of trolling had some nice marks just could not move a rod over them. Think weather did not help. Be back on Thursday to Tues. Hope they turn on.

Did you see Scot out there?  He has a newer Proline 24'.
Edited by Chas0218

I think I seen him ( blue top on it) did not talk to him. You going up this weekend? Did not wanna get to close in case he had lines out. Couple guys I talk to said they limit out the weekend of the 10th.( You know should of been here last week). Hopefully it warms up a little and dries up!

Ya that's him, He limited out Saturday and Sunday in 1 hour this past weekend.  He lost 3 on saturday and 4 on sunday right at the back of the boat.  He was fishing alone so he had to try and net along with steering and fighting the fish. The ones he lost he knocked off with the net when the lure got tangled.

Edited by Chas0218

Excellent job guys!!! The hunt never ends for me, I will set up for eyes early thenfish nearby waters for the silver, hopfully with some gold in the box. Nice report gonna miss your eye reports. PAP.

We did ok on Sat we ended with 4 eyes and 2 northerns, got bumped out in derby.

Hey Pap did you get your searay done and are you docking it at campground with it this weekend for holiday.

Have you fished yet this year PAP?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am down to the finals guys, and yes Walleye Magic I will be bringing it to the camp, I don't think it will be this month anymore as I will be installing the new electronics and would like for my cousin to make me a light bar for overhead lights. I would like to have 2 floods shinning down in the boat and one on each side to shine out on our boards and 2 or 3 facing forward. I had a lot of good fishing shallow sticks at night, my cousin and I used to troll down the north shore and we would catch some big girls after dark, we found that bright nights the 3 night before and the 3 nights after a full moon really produce some nice eyes. FleetTracker I have fished of the old girl and everything works super, I'm very pleased with my kicker mounted to the swim platform, it nice to hop out there to raise it up to truck it up to the next spot and then simply drop her in and fire er up and start trolling again. All this stuff takes time and with me being not 100% and not supposed to lift anything over10#s makes for a slow go for me, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it won't be long now. I want to say thanks for keeping me in mine that's nice of you guys, are you guys going down to Otisco in July, if so that will be a blast. Till we meet tight lines to you guys!!PAP.

Wise saying: "you don't leave fish to find fish". I won't be going to Otisco in July... Would be hard to leave Lake O. Have fun and hope the season gets going for you soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm only going for the week end, going down to see how Justin's going about it and mayb take some of his otisco walleye back up to Dexter to finish out a fishing packed trip.

Cant beat the walleye on ontario for size! Believe me when i tell you Otisco is not an easy lake...casting bite is on tho and there was a 12.1 lber caught. Limits ars being caught is where ill leave it...shore guys are limited in access and for their sake ill wait to post my spring till trolling season starts. How many you guys caught casting....i got a 5lber in 6 inches of water the other night....trolling is tiger after tiger...only 1 daytime walleye caught that i have heard...boat launch is 50 yds from my porch and i kept a good watch while i built it...ill be JUST fishing from here on in...camp is DONE ...happy wife happy life!

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

From what JT has said and the one dark picture, is on reason I want Brad to make my light bar, I remember my cuisin and I trolling at night out of a 14 fter and litterly dragging lures over rocks and limiting out on walleye in a few hours and we never used to lock the motor in so it could glide over the rocks,most of the time we were in 5 ft of water and the inside lines were as shallow as we could get them. Also when the weeds start to grow over on the mud flat just inside the bay is another good place if the wind was coming out if the southwest most of the day or should I say at least till sundown, we caught a lot of eyes there also. The Black River is known to give up a few nice size eyes at night if you know the river, you don't need to troll all the way to the bridge but its a good idea to hug the outer bank through the turn and be sure to go under the willow tree, then follow the break on the right side going down till the 3 buoys where the island used to be. Now if you don't have 3 eyes over 18" head in there not going to play tonight!!!! This is my night plan for this year, but you guys that camp in the BRCG give this a try or anyone else. PAP.

Good day guys! Sounds like you are all friends! I have walleye fishing since I was three years old. I have never fished lake o for eyes. I am looking to find some biggins this weekend in chaining bay. I love to jig but trolling is can be really good for me. Can anyone help me with some info to get started? Where to fish, depth, and lures? Thanks guys and god bless!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Saturday hit the water at 530.  set up on outer edges of three mile point and headed on a line that would take us around the outer edges of Herrick and Johnson shoals in 25 fow.  30 minutes later we took a nice 8# fish on a stinger modified green dolphin 16' down over 25' 1.8 mph.   after the fish was into the net the winds already made things all but un-fishable.  headed back to dock and was unable to go back out.  Sunday a.m. calm conditions but smack dab into a cold front.  No walleye takers, but did a nice northern with several smaller ones to keep things interesting.  basically a very slow day but nice to be out with friends and family.  next weekend will most likely end the walleye hunt for us as we will start running a trout program. 

I think I saw you guys out there on Memorial day on the pontoon?

Might have been us? I got real close to a boat i thought was you guys in the thick fog just off carrying place bay? We did really good though throughout the weekend. Some of your suggested stick baits and that one michigan stinger i told you about took the majority of fish. That fog was crazy. Compas and gps were essential. Im home this weekend and hope there still there the following weekend