SHERIFF POSTED SPEED LIMIT TONITE ON SENECA LAKE

SHERIFF TONITE AT PENN YAN VILLAGE MEETING HAS POSTED A 5 MILE AN HOUR SPEED LIMIT ON SENECA LAKE, KEUKA LAKE AND CANANDAIQUA LAKE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE BECAUSE OF THE EXTREMELY HIGH FLOOD STAGE LAKE LEVELS. Looks like no fast runs north this derby.

Crap .... can't even test out my big motor tomorrow if that is the case....and man....can that ever change peoples plans for fishing the derby on Seneca....

Thanks for the heads up Paul.

Edited by Sk8man

Crap .... can't even test out my big motor tomorrow if that is the case....and man....can that ever change peoples plans for fishing the derby on Seneca....

Not much of Seneca is in Yates County you are good! And none of the north half of Canandaigua is.

Edited by Hookedup

Sean - It doesn't seem as though they would just impose the limit on just a section of the lake (s) so I am wondering if this is a general thing going across county jurisdictions. Yates is only relevant for the very south end not even reaching the Woodville ramp on the west side of Canandaigua either. The road sign for leaving Yates and entering Ontario is just south of the end of the lake if my memory serves me correctly but I think the east side south end is within it again suggestjng that this may be a multi county ruling or agreement of some kind.

Sean - It doesn't seem as though they would just impose the limit on just a section of the lake (s) so I am wondering if this is a general thing going across coounty jurisdictions. Yates is only relevant for the very south end not even reaching the Woodville ramp on the west side of Canandaigua either. The road sign for leaving Yates and entering Ontario is just south of the end of the lake if my memory serves me correctly but I think the east side south end is within it again suggestjng that this may be a multi county ruling or agreement of some kind.

Ha Ha if you guys only new how it worked they don't get together. Just got off phone no speed limit in Schuyler.

You are expected to know where you are at. It just covers that county if you kill yourself flying up the lake.

Edited by Hookedup

Geez we must be in New York State or something.....no place else is this "messed" (I substituted a word here) up :lol:

.................also at the bottom in BOLD type : no short , bald , hairy dudes in speed-o's  on the water at any time !!!!!!

Better watch it Ed....Kinger might take offense  to that (especially "short" and "hairy") keep that muzzle handy :lol:

Seneca County issued an advisory on the 15th.  I think it would be wise to exercise extreme caution but I wouldn't worry about any legal issues.

Zebedee Doo Dah Zebe Dee A ....my oh my what a wonderful day! I've been wanting to do that for the longest time! LMAO

Zebedee Doo Dah Zebe Dee A ....my oh my what a wonderful day! I've been wanting to do that for the longest time! LMAO

Haha... That's hilarious!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No boats allowed on Honeoye or Canandaigua now....can't even test out my motors now before the derby.....just hope they don't pull that stuff on Seneca....

Edited by Sk8man

Keuka lake is closed - no motorized vessels

Canandaigua lake is 5 mph and is patrolled

Seneca lake is no wake

It's been on all the news stations in Rochester every night.