IBay Confusion/Frustration

That is too funny.  Are you targeting them now?  I love catching any fish that will smack a lure, including drum.  I've never seen someone be so adept at catching just those.

......Try throwing a sonar, they were smashing it like crazy yesterday. I landed 5 and lost three more at the boat, one even took my one and only sonar on a break-off.

Anyone that thinks they don't fight hasn't caught one over 14lbs. They go berzerk!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Bay fishing picked up when I bought a Kayak!  LOL!  I picked up a great Jackson Kilroy and found that a Gulp minnow on a black jig head with a slight wind is a great way to "troll" the bay.  Sheepshead, bass and associated panfish love that sucker.

As for the Lake - we have had a few good days but those were a ways back.  I'm planning to log a lot of time out there this weekend, but I'm not hearing positive reports from the guys I know living here on the Bay. Many "slow" reports.  I also haven't been having a lot of success the last two nights, with only a few rockbass to show for my kayak floating adventures.  A walleye would be nice...and some pike...

Weather permitting though this weekend I will seek out some silver action on the lake. 

How are things going for you?

I haven't fished much this past week but the last time I went out we got a 30" pike, a sheephead that had a fishing pole still hooked to it, and two bass! The sheephead are still on fire and I believe that there is one bigger than the one Devo's boy caught still lurking in there! I hope the walleye action picks up soon!

Get your FREAK on!!

Persistence does pay off, besides, the walleye bite generally doesn't start in Ibay until mid July anyway.

After six weeks of nothing but Drum, we finally hooked up with this fatty this morning. It was fat as a football and hit a Shadrap trolled in 35fow. just over 5lbs! It's on.

post-147894-0-05553700-1404504488_thumb.jpg

Edited by devoknevo