Well it was too nice of a day to not fish the afternoon, so after convincing a couple co-workers to play hooky with me, we hit the lake at 1:30 and I set up in 20fow and started a NW troll while setting up 4 flat lines (2 spoons one side, 2 stickbaits other side) and setting up 2 riggers to start.  I didn't even have 4 poles in the water and the starboard rigger pulling a dirty white boy spoon, set back 75 feet, down 14feet over 25fow takes a nice 9 lb laker.  So I figured we were going to be fine trolling that 25fow that a lot of people were talking about.  Temp on surface was 50degrees and water was very stained, and temp down 15-20foot was 47-48ish.  I trolled out to 35fow infront of Ginna, turned around came back into 20fow and trolled east past Bear Creek, no rods moved.  Turned back towards Ginna and decided to troll inside to as shallow as 8 fow and besides hooking into bottom and losing a spoon, we didn't move a rod!!!!!!

So I decided to point north and troll out to deeper water.  I set up the 3rd rigger, threw out a 10 color down the chute and when we got to 85 foot of water, the screen got VERY good.  We had marks from 40foot to bottom.  We had hooks coming in from as shallow as 20foot to fish looking at each of the riggers parked at 40', 50', and 60foot.  I pulled the two inside flat lines, and instead threw out 2 divers, one mag diver with a pearl glow spiny and A-Tom-Mik blue hammer fly and the other a standard dipsy with a green glow crush spiny and blue ice fly.  I worked out to 105foot, but not much activity past 100', so I turned around and when we got inside of 90' it was lit up again on the screen.  I zig-zagged between 80 and 90 fow both east and west, until we had to pull lines and get back at 5:30, as one of the guys needed to be home at 6. 

I tried Wonderbread, UV watermelon, Greenfrog, firefrog, steelie stomper, dirty white boy, yellow NBK, Kevorkian, Blue Tuxedo, UV mixed veggie and 42 second spoon, and COULD NOT GET THE LOCKJAW out of the fish.  They came, they looked and they swam away!  Was glad to not have been skunked, I know fishing at times has still be slow and a lot of fish are still west of Bear Creek, but the screen was getting me upset! Oh well, maybe later today or tomorrow we will try again.

Jason

post-149426-0-80815000-1400590975_thumb.jpg

post-149426-0-48904800-1400590989_thumb.jpg

Went out this afternoon out of bear creek for a few hours, dead flat calm with loads of debris floating and suspended. The kicker was about a 6' section of dock with a pail attached out in 60 fow. Very few marks and tough to keep the lines clear. Skunked for the first time this season. 50 degree surface temp out to 80 fow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I talked to you before u went out, I didn't catch any at the creek either. I think the alewife die off is keeping them full. Nice ride and good report!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice talking to you as well.  I agree with that alewife run, the near shore browns are probably gorged!  However I was hoping off shore bite would be better! :)

Went out this afternoon out of bear creek for a few hours, dead flat calm with loads of debris floating and suspended. The kicker was about a 6' section of dock with a pail attached out in 60 fow. Very few marks and tough to keep the lines clear. Skunked for the first time this season. 50 degree surface temp out to 80 fow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow......I wonder where that dock came from?  Glad you didn't hit it.  There was a lot of debris Monday as well, did manage to hook up a twig once, but it wasn't a keeper!   I wanted to go out yesterday afternoon, but had a baseball game to catch at 5:45.  I wonder if you went a little further out.....like 90-100 fow if there would have been more marks????

Jason