Will Big Jon otter boats pull magnum dipsy divers

If you have your otters set up with the second 1/2 keel they will pull them no problem.  I run a aftco roller release at a fixed position on my planer board line to hold them.  Put dipsy in water a couple of feet below the surface.  Using 30lb fireline braid I then place the line into the release and close it.  Loosen your planer reel and thumb the spool on your fishing reel as you send the board out.  Once the board is where you want it, zero your line counter and send the diver back as far as you want it.  To remove the line from the release, it takes a sharp snap of the rod towards the back of the boat and the release will disengage (that is why you use braid and not wire).  Sometimes the fish will pull the release open, sometimes you have to draw tight to the fish and release the line yourself.  Once you master this concept you will soon see you don't need copper anymore as you will achieve true adjustability of depth as if your diver line was hung off the side.  You can create a true "V" pattern with 6 divers and never have to worry about tangles on turns.

Chadk 6 mag dipsey's off the otters sounds like a nightmare or do mean two divers off the boards and four wire rods with divers either way sounds like a tough task . I max out with one copper section on each side. But I must admit I am getting old.

Edited by bigblue

I usually run only one diver per side off the otters.  Usually I run the a "size 1" dipsy or deeper diver off the boards as with a "V" pattern the outside lines are the shallowest and furthest back.

I use jet divers and 3 per side my outside one I run a 20 the middle I run a 40 and the inside one I run a 50, I have homemade double boards and they pull sweet they make a jerking motion when trolling and I think this stop for a split second and go triggers strikes, just my opinion but yes it's doable and it works as you are covering a lot of the water colum. I have pulled dipsy s also, and have run spinners and flies off the jets with success they work and as mentioned above I use braided line also, power pro 50# braid at 8# diameter you will achieve greater depths with less line out.