Wire dipsy rods

What does everyone prefer? Roller tip, twilli tip, or full roller rods. I am leaning towards the 10' talora roller rods, but do not want to spend the extra $300 on a pair if the advantages of an all roller rod are not that great. Are there other options available?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've been using eagle claw dipsey rods with twili tips for the past 15 yrs and I'm still using the first one I ever bought. Save yourself the money. I think I have about $50 in each of the 4 rods I use.

Total Chaos

I'm no pro but I troll twice a week from last week off march till October. I have four set up with twili tips and have had one break in two yrs. Twenty min later it was fixed and off you go. If I had all the equipment I need it Would be on my upgrade list, but other wise the fish don't mind the cheap set up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My reels are tekota 600 with 1000' torpedo wire. Even with a cheaper rod I could use a roller tip instead of a twilli. Is this a smoother setup?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have four roller rods and love them. There is a lot less resistance on the rollers compared to guides. It makes the fight a lot smoother.

:yes:  :yes:       

I have some twillis but they sit in a drawer in the cellar....I've used roller tips and wire for more than 40 years and love them and I'm with Gambler as far as the reasons. I have some rods with all rollers and tip and some with just the first guide and a roller tip and they both work about the same.

Edited by Sk8man

I use 4 okuma blue diamond all roller wire rods, work very well and are moderately priced. I use them for my dipseys and thumper rigs, very smooth.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good point about not needing full rollers for the dipseys I use mine for Seth Greens and the others for dipseys.