I headed out with Erupprecht this afternoon and as soon as we pasted the launch, Alewifes were jumping all around the boat with flocks of seagulls gorging themselves. When we reached the lake, all you could see was chocolate water with floating debris. We ran all the way West past the river before we started seeing cleaner water. We set up two riggers with a wire dipsy and started in 55 FOW, We continued West and got out to 70FOW with still not marking a fish. Since all the water inside was mud we moved out further to 105 FOW, still nothing. Finally we turned started back towards the bay and a rod fires, nobody home. We just could not find any fish tonight.

We ran froggy flow DW, BF SSW and an orange & white R&R spoon (this is what fired). On the dipsy we ran a green dot SD with a mirage fly. I really didn't think changing lures would make a difference since we never marked anything so I just stayed with that.

Very frustrating....I just wonder if fish are in the bay doing the same thing as the seagulls, gorging on Alewifes.

Oh well, it was calm seas and it actually turned out to be a beautiful night. We seemed to be the only ones out there. Hope to get out this weekend, hopefully we can bounce back.

Tomy

a1.14138.1736.LakeOntario.143.250m.jpgthat pretty much sum it up.... launch at the Genny and troll west when you make Braddocks or Watoma turn back anywhere from 20'- to 60' cover the water column, should be fish in the area. 

a1.14138.1736.LakeOntario.143.250m.jpgthat pretty much sum it up.... launch at the Genny and troll west when you make Braddocks or Watoma turn back anywhere from 20'- to 60' cover the water column, should be fish in the area. 

This picture was from 5/18 (Sunday) I believe. The other more recent MODIS images are blocked by clouds. It would be interesting to see how the mud plume looks now.

No need for it to clear up.....I'd rather have "green water" any day. Go west try going out of Sandy creek and coming east, the state launch is pretty nice and it's free

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United