Fish hawk x4 triducer mounting location help

Hey guys, just picked up a fish hawk x4, going to mount it this weekend. For the Triducer would you recommend Installing it:

1 - In between my kicker and main outboard( right side of kicker) or

2- a few inches away from my lowrance 83/200 transducer.

Fish hawks manual says to keep it away from both of these, which isn't possible. I think the x4 runs at a 70 hkZ frequency

Anyone whose done one care to chime in?

Thanks and Goodluck this weekend

Tight lines

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had to mount mine right next to my Lowrance 83/200 and it seems to work fine. I have only used it down to about 30' but it seems fine. It is literally mounted right next to the other transducer, maybe an inch between the brackets. I will see how it performs in deeper water this weekend.

I mounted mine on the left side of my transom, only because that area was open, I think keeping your wiring seperate is just as important, also if possible wire to batt. that is used for main motor and kicker( if using 2 batt.) Interferance from other electronics is a huge problem @ termination point on batt. but having said that i would pick your option 1. I have had no problems with my install but had the same concerns as you do. mine is a x4-d the op. manual is prob. the same, it sounds like you will be fine,be sure to mount tri-ducer were nothing in front of it may cause turbulance. in all it is time well spent, it will def. increase your catch- Now go rip some lips!