Bad fuel from Otisco Lake Marina

I have had to get my islander carb rebuilt this year. The nearest fastrac from me is a 25 min trailer so we are talking almost an hour round trip. That really sucks but I am thinking about doing the haul to fill up. The other option is to buy some new 5 gallon cans. Would need 4 of them at least to keep the boat topped off. From my work, the fast trac is sort of on the way home. This might be the better option

Once you get bit it shakes your confidence for sure...i worry everytime i put gas in now! Never gave it a thought before because i THOUGHT id have no prob using ethanol free gas! As it turns out there's no guarantee the gas is any good...could happen anywhere

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks part that sucks most about hauling fuel in 5 gallon cans is the new "spill-proof" nozzles on all new containers. They should call them "patience-proof." Slow and infuriating.

honestly my islander only takes so much gas at a time. Don't know what irt is but I can't have the nozzle more than 1/4 squeezed and the fill port still seems to fill up with gas kicking the damn nozzle off. I get good airflow out of the overflow port so I know it isn't plugged Edited by Adk1

I found non-ethonal at a Valero and Delta Sonic in Rochester. Did a Google search and was surprised at the locations that sell it. I think that more gas stations are realizing that there is a growing market for non-ethonal as more people are coming to realize the damage that ethanol does to engines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have been using the wonder pump for years, qualifies as a backup manual bilge pump with the U.S.Coast Guard as well.I have an extra fine micron in line fuel filter and run Seafoam additive with every fill up.

Edited by mostlymuskies

So any chance that the non e gas will be picked up by more companies?mi guess I do not understand why e gas was initiated in the first place

10% ethanol = 10% less mpg = same amount of gas burnt to get from place to place. So much for helping the environment. And this is a conservative estimate; don't even mention E85. There's both anecdotal and solid evidence all over the place. Check out Edmunds or Car and Driver. So, who wins? Follow the money.

Of course, none of this matters when you're given the scrapings off the bottom of the tank. That's a bum deal. I hope your rebuild works out. I need more walleye pictures! (Apparently I can't use a common word that describes racy pictures, because it keeps auto-correcting it...funny stuff)

Edited by Gator

Best of luck with the rebuild etc. Justin it is just too bad you've had to deal with all that crap in the first place.