Need technical help with a new to me boat... :)

Kuba

You did a very smart thing by doing a pre-trip checkout of your rig.In this case you were not in danger of sinking because the exhaust goes straight up to the top of the manifold and remains above water level,but proper respect for Lake Ontario is very important indeed.

Bellows jobs suck. I hate doing it. But if u take ur time and do it right...u should get 5 or more years out of them. Some **** in my marina was going around with a screw driver and poking holes in peoples bellows who had tbeir boats on trailers. What a dick. I always check mine before i launch.

YOU KNOW, 2 or 3 years ago I did the bellows on my uncle's boat which I did about 3 years prier because he was complaining about water in the bilge area every time he pulled the plug, about a gallon or so comes out he claims. I did notice this weird star shaped mark in the shift cable bellow and couldn't place were I saw this before, and now that the above post mentions a screwdriver I now know the mark, it was a small Phillips screw driver. His boat sat what we call on line, over against a bank out of the way, where everyone is supposed to put their boat when not using it. The kicker to this story is, there was supposed to be a traveling mechanic who posted a card on just about everyone's door in the campground. I guess he was just trying to drum up some business, even left business cards in the office of the campground. Thanks for the above post were the screwdriver was mentioned, this all makes sence now after 3 years later, and no troubles since, and he's gone also, Bastard, PAP.

Edited by pap

This is what they installed afterwards, they said its better then the rubber one, one on the outdrive is also solid not rubber, any thoughts?

post-151057-14018466030384_thumb.jpg

post-151057-14018466957425_thumb.jpg

Dont know too much about outdrives. It seems like a better idea than rubber one

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah that's a exaust tube. When the drive is down the tube fits over the hole and the exhaust goes out the prop. In the up position the exaust can come out the gimbal housing. I heard they can be a little noisyer the the traditional exaust bellows