SENECA DERBY DAILY REPORTS............

Back in the day when 1 hour photo development was fast ,it was frustrating to find out how the Watkins,Sampson,And Geneva boards were doing at the end of the day ...After 20 years Im not up their sharing the fun ,But it would be nice for you guys to share yer bragging rights by taking a pic of the boards at each place..so even us old farts sitting at home can sorta stay in touch....thanks.

Thats great, Opps also it lets folks know where the derby stands so a lot of mid to big fish are released instead of keeping a 10 lt in hopes of placing for example..We always let anything go that was not going to place that way but would keep 3 small ones for daily drawing.

Here's what I have out of Geneva at around 630pm or so. Heavy fish seems to be the pattern. You'll have to zoom in to see weights. 15.5lb brown leading which is a stud. Nice day compared to last years. post-150509-14009787320806_thumb.jpgpost-150509-14009787612257_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks guys , you too rabbit , The first year i took my son ,think he was 7ish he landed a 7.63 (at weighin)

I noticed he was playing with it in the cooler ,being our first fish of sat at 615 we put off till 9 or 10 to weigh in then he showed me something he thought was neat everytime he ran his hand down the fish it pooped........ARGGH the cooler musta had 2 oz of poop in it ,He missed 1st place in the youth div by .30 of a lb,,Ahh yes the campfires,coleman grill coffee and puke in the mens room (not mine),and long lines at 4am at the launch ....them be the days..

Ah yes, Oak Orchard Open, Sodus Pro Am, Atomic challenge=gone!

It's funny. .. On the big Lake I'm disappointed when I catch a laker but there is something about this Derby I get excited for every year! It's really cool to start building the same excitement in my kids now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think one of the greatest things about the Seneca Lake Trout Derby is that is truly a family event where you can mix campsite memories with fishing adventures and those family bonds can (and do) last forever. It has been a tradition for my son and I for many years since he was very young and we had to quit early so he could play at the campground with his new found buddies while now we stay at a motel instead of enduring the rigors of the sleeping bags and wet tents.....and after 3 hard days of fishing having to break camp while totally burned out and the multiple trips back and forth to home with the one tow vehicle :lol: but the good memories are still alive for both of us and he now has his own kids. The main thing is that those previous years spent together doing stuff we love formed an inseparable bond between us and it is vitally important to us both at this point in our lives. Never too late to get kids into it....and best of all it gets them away from most of the video games and TV (make them turn in their phones until you leave camp) :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I think one of the greatest things about the Seneca Lake Trout Derby is that is truly a family event where you can mix campsite memories with fishing adventures and those family bonds can (and do) last forever. It has been a tradition for my son and I for many years since he was very young and we had to quit early so he could play at the campground with his new found buddies while now we stay at a motel instead of enduring the rigors of the sleeping bags and wet tents.....and after 3 hard days of fishing having to break camp while totally burned out and the multiple trips back and forth to home with the one tow vehicle :lol: but the good memories are still alive for both of us and he now has his own kids. The main thing is that those previous years spent together doing stuff we love formed an inseparable bond between us and it is vitally important to us both at this point in our lives. Never too late to get kids into it....and best of all it gets them away from most of the video games and TV (make them turn in their phones until you leave camp) :lol:

That's exactly what it is too.  My dad called this morning and left me a long message telling me how much fun he had this weekend and I could here him choking up (money makes him do that :lol: ).  This was the 1st year I registered my girls in the derby and brought them camping at Sampson.  Thankfully I live 8 minutes from Sampson so the double tow vehicle trip is not too painful...but man you are right about the work when you are burned out!  While getting a money fish was really exciting, the most memorable fish for me this weekend was a 6.5# laker that my 9 year old daughter reeled in all on her own.   

20140525_065221.jpg?t=1401154702