Otisco Eyes 5/24

Decided not to go out and cast all night and get some much needed rest last night. Instead we went out at 4am. Didnt see any action casting and decided to troll at 530. We had a steady slow pick on a mix of deep taildancers and reef runners in purple/white for a solid 5hrs. Finished 5-6 on eyes from 21-27 inches. Biggest fish was just hair under 8 lbs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-14009594375603_thumb.jpg

okay, as a family that has a cottage on Keuka, we REMOVED our wood "docks" from the aluminum frame that goes out into the water. Basically before they floated away, the water was so high. I have to believe they are concerned with boat traffic/waves going into Memorial Day weekend, creating too much issue by the shore. My thought would be enfore a 5mph limit or basically NO WAKE....so those that want to fish quietly....can do so. A total ban is a little over the top IMHO....but I do understand!

Jason

I had a similar experience there years ago. I think the docks are made from used pallets, you have to dodge traffic launching , park on the side of the road, and pay a hefty price.

The boat I had at the time fit at the dock, but the owners watched as I had to make numerous attempts at docking fighting a west wind, in the snow.

Never been back.

Rusty

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Justin, run some Seafoam mixed in your gas tank, this will help dry up any water and clean up carb or injectors.I wish Otisco Lake was not so far from Tonawanda or I would make a trip there for a night run.I will get out on Lake Erie by Hamburg Beach Monday night and see if the eyes there are active yet.I just finished catching my 50th perch out here on Lake Erie.Now that I have about 300 perch filles in the freezer it is time to switch over to walleye! Edited by mostlymuskies

Larry,

If you wanna give it a try you dont need to trailer here...just let me know id be happy to take you out trolling or casting...both are on now enough to make it worhwhile. I have 20 fllets to get trimmed and in the freezer today before my son makes his first trip tonight!

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Justin, run some Seafoam mixed in your gas tank, this will help dry up any water and clean up carb or injectors.I wish Otisco Lake was not so far from Tonawanda or I would make a trip there for a night run.I will get out on Lake Erie by Hamburg Beach Monday night and see if the eyes there are active yet.I just finished catching my 50th perch out here on Lake Erie.Now that I have about 300 perch filles in the freezer it is time to switch over to walleye!

Capt Larry a friend and I trolled Hamburg beach one night early last week.We only managed 3 Eyes 2 keepers.Ones the sun came up it was all Smallies.  

Great going Justin, within the next week or two we will be making the journey north, maybe we could make the trip down and go out with you. See what goes on first PAP.

We finished the weekend with 11 eyes from 20-27 inches. 6 were trolled in the am, and 5 were caught casting from midnight to 4am. The eyes are feeding, but not much of a pattern making consistant trolling impossible. You have to figure em out everyday...one day they are shallow the next they are deep.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app