New for 2007

Jax

I just got back from gander mountain and checked out the new Accudepth Linecounter reels! They look pretty slick, and have a much louder drag. They have them now matched up with 8-6 Heartlands for $79.99 or 89.99!

I need to pick me up 2 more of these combos! I have 4 accudepth 47LC's on my boat now and love them.

hold it a second before you rush out to buy them...

we picked up two of last year's accudepth 47's with heartland rods 9'6". I think at bass pro in Auburn for $69.00. they were trying to get rid of the old models. The reels are regularly $49.99 online at basspro.com

Dicks has the accudepth 47/ firewolf combo for $69.00. the firewolf is ok, not as nice as a heartland but still good. we have two on the boat and they have worked well.

They have been decent reels for us recreational fisherman but I am saving my money for more sealines.

You have to love those Accudepth’s, I just picked up one more of them. I bought one of those combo’s from Dick’s two years ago for the same price $69.00 and the Fire wolf didn’t even last to the end of the first fishing trip. I had a fish on, set the hook and the rod snapped about 6â€Â

I think Jax is talking about the new Accudepth Plus reels, which are all new this year. I've seen them advertised in Bass Pro and Cabela's catalogs for $49.99. I have two of the 47's here at the house, and I have to tell you that they're a major upgrade from the original Accudepths. I'm very impressed with them. I'm told by the Daiwa rep that the new reel has the same drags, clickers, gears, etc. as the Sealines. Only differences being that the ADP uses bushings reather than bearings. The New ADP comes with an aluminum spool, and is in a new frame that Daiwa is having made in a less costly facility.

I also saw the newer accudepth plus in the latest basspro catalog and saw them at gander. I hope that they are a good step up from the regular ( old model ) accudepths, especially if they stay the same price.

Iv'e yet to have a problem with my old style accudepths but we don't use them as much in a month as some of you guys do in an afternoon of fishing.

If funds allow I am going with sealines eventually on the dipsy rods and tekotas on the rigger rods....if funds allow it this year...

:(