I-Bay 5/25/14 - a little redemption

I fished an impromptu solo trip this morning from 5:30 AM til 8:30 AM and had much better action compared with my last two outings of only one fish apiece. I wound up 6 for 9, with one nice coho, two lake trout and the rest were small cookie cutter Chinook.

I fished a salmon spread for the first hour or so and caught the coho and a smaller king and had one more knock off, then I switched to a cowbell program as I was curious to see what was hugging bottom in 90 fow. I kept marking streakers off the bottom which I think turned out to be lake trout b/c I was able to land two out of three fish on a NK Watermellon Cowbell/white glow spin-n-glow once I slowed down and fished the bottom.

After confirming that the bottom marks were lake trout, I went back to a standard salmon program for the next hour or so and caught a few more tiny skipper kings.

The highlight of the day was when I was passing my buddy Tomy (Tlombardozzi) as we were about 75 yards away from each other and he says "Hey Chris - I think you have a fish on" while were were talking on our phones at the same time we were passing each other. When I turned around my starboard rigger was indeed bouncing. I grabbed the rod and it was a nice fish that certainly peeled some drag but I was not able to land it after it shook after only about 30 seconds.

The following all took fish today:

riggers: between 35-55' down with free sliders

riggers: cowbells hugging bottom

The following did not take fish today:

wire diver 175-200' out

300' copper

The following lures also took fish: Standard Carmel Dolphin, DWSS blue dolphin slider, Fuller KOS, free slider Get-r Dun, NK Watermellon cowbells/white glow spin-n-glow

Good luck to all and special thanks and blessings to all those who sacrificed their lives in combat so that we can have freedoms like we all had today on the water,

Chris

Nice report Chris! My brother and I were laughing afterwards when we saw that rod bounce and heard your drag screaming.

Thanks for your help, ended up with 3 kings and 2 Steelhead

Good luck tomorrow!