Finally got out this season after a late marina start and family vacation.  Spent the morning working just east of the bay to down close to Webster on the edges of the stained water. Mixed bag of kings, coho and steelies.  30' and 50' riggers with sliders, slide diver and stick baits off the boards did the damage.  NBK and 42 seconds on mainlines, with gators and steelie stompers on sliders.  Only diver bite was the first fish and biggest king of the day, a mid teen on a laser spook parked at 30'.  It was a very busy morning with at least a dozen fish boated and about 20 bites until the bite dried up about 9:30 for us.  As you all know by now... do not leave the wheel for long...a ton of lumber out there floating...nevermind the armada of boats.

Hey Hans,

Nice fishing. You didn't happen to glance over towards my boat when you got back by any chance? The bellows gave way on Sunday sometime or another and she almost went completely down. Fortunately someone noticed and called the marina. I'm just trying to figure out when the problem started and how fast she took on the water. Everything was dry when I left her on Saturday afternoon. I don't know what would cause that problem when she was just sitting in the slip.

Jack

Jack...i left the dock after a boat ride with the girls on sunday around 5pm and she seemed fine...that stinks... do you have a float switch on the pump? Could it not keep up or did the pump fail?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The transom was replaced this past winter and apparently, aside from not replacing the bellows, when they wired everything back up they wired the auto bilge pump to the incorrect side of the battery shutoff. So the bilge pump never even turned on. My fault for not doing more thorough testing. It doesn't look like any water got into the engine or fuel tank at least and all of the electronics seem OK. I'll be back up and going in a couple of weeks hopefully. Whom do you use for your outdrive work?

Ahoy Hans! Welcome back to the fishery!

Like me, you will find yourself juggling with fishing and family activities for the next 18 years! My son is going to college this Fall and my daughter has 2 more years before she graduate high school.

Best of luck with the fishing season!