Silver creek 5/25

zackblain

Weather report looked good and heard of some real good eye action out near my buddies place out on Erie, so I hooked up the boat and headed out at noon. We were on the water by 3:30, started from 12-20 around some of the small unnamed shoals and pounded on smallmouth up to 7lbs, bladebaits, lipless cranks, jigs, cranks, jerkbaits, piece of hot dog, it didn't really matter what you threw out you were getting bit. As the sun started to set around 830 we decided to switch gears and lay out some boards pulling jdhj's taildancers, reefunners, and bombers. First eye(24'' male) hit a blue steel mr-9 flatlined back 120'. After that we had a slow but steady pick of eyes, eventually moving in shallow and switching out to all shallow sticks. Best part about it was there wasn't another boat in sight the whole time we were out there! Heard of a good bite up towards buffalo but we didn't really feel like playing bumper boats and we had a feeling that if we put our time in we would get some away from the crowds and we were right. Kings browns and lakers up on ontario saturday, monster smallies and eyes on erie sunday gotta love WNY!

Water temps started touching 60 at 330 and last time I looked around midnight they were around 56. Planned on trying for perch this morning but we woke up to 15mph southwest winds which are way too much for my 16'

My buddies mom snapped this pic of us from the beach which I thought looked pretty awesome

post-149101-0-80880700-1401136342_thumb.jpg

first 2 of the night

post-149101-0-44144500-1401136352_thumb.jpg

"average size" smallie of the day, only on erie!

post-149101-0-06792800-1401136358_thumb.jpg