Hi guys,

I'm new to this site (it's awesome btw). I fished at little Sodus last August and this past weekend with minimal luck I think the weather had a lot to do with our success rates both times. Cold fronts both trips. I like the area though. Mexico Bay is a better ride from home for us. We live in PA and shoot right up 81 to get there. Is Mexico Bay a decent place to troll? I've got a 18' G3 deep V with traxtech rod holders and 2 manual riggers. We usually run 2 riggers, 4 dipseys and 2 lead core in 10 color trolling spoons and sticks. I'm thinking about maybe staying at Salmon Country Inc at their campground. Is it worth the trip to fish there or should we stick with little Sodus?

I been in Salmoncountry for fifteen years you have a lot of freedom the Bay is good brown fishing till mid July then the salmon move in this spring however has not been good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's a much further boat ride out to find deep water than say Oswego etc but I like Mexico launch. Have gone out of both places and have done better out of Mexico

I fish Mexico whenever I go up there, we stay in Pulaski.  We had a terrible trip up there the second week of May, too late for the browns and too early for the kings.  And we focused on Kings when we should have focused on browns... Anyhow fishing was terrible.  But other folks were catching a few (listening to channel 9).  

The bay gets snotty just like any place else, its not really a bay, its a bump in the lake shore.  But everything is relatively close... we put in in Mexico and fish from Oswego to Sandy Pond, east of Pulaski (not all in the same day).  But we have trolled the shore from Mexico to Sandy in a morning.  Just be careful.  Things can change in a hurry out there.  I'll be headed up again this summer when the kings are in.

I've been at salmon country for four years. We love it. Can be a little haul to deep water but like you we are in binghamton.so it's a quick ride we are there every weekend. This year not fishin as much due to new camper set up and deck building but still lovin it. Great bunch of people

I myself am from NEPA as will and have been fishing out of Mexico the past 6 or 7 years. Great fishing. I try and get up at least 2 or 3 weekends a month from May until Oct. I can make it in just under 3 hours without and construction and traffic. I have a camper at Bears Sleepy hollow which is down the roads a few miles and like it . My boat is at Mikes marina which is just before Salmon country. They have always treated me well. I have heard a lot good about the salmon country campground and they have good group of people there. I met some of them a few years ago with a friend of mine who used to stay they. I hear them on the radio a lot helping one a other out which is cool. This website as well is a good way to build friendships and network to fall back on if the fishing gets tough. Good luck with your decision but don't think you can go wrong with fishing out of Mexico and the LSR.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mexico Bay has always been productive for me...you just have to read the weather and know where the fish are. I grew up along the shoreline as a kid at my grandfather's house and have since bought my own place along the Bay. I live in SE PA and it's a good 4.5hr drive for me to the house, but I've done it so often over the last 20 years, it's a walk in the park for me anymore. I keep my boat at the house on the trailer and tow her to the Mexico launch. When things have gotten slow in the past, I've powered west to Fair Haven and back to Mexico the same day. Lot of water available to you...just have to know how to read it. And, most definitely, watch the weather. I still remember getting caught in a storm where the Bay went from a sheet of glass to 5 footers in under 15 minutes. I've seen capsized boats before out there, seen waterspouts, anything can happen. But, long story short, I think you'll be happy with what Mexico Bay has to offer.

Sent from my Verizon HTC Thunderbolt using the Lake Ontario United mobile app

Misty where you from? I'm in berks county just north of Reading. I'm always looking for new fishing buddies. I fish the flats in the Chesapeake quite a bit too if you wanna come for a day trip. Just holler . I'm off work for most the summer so I can get away real easy

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United