SENECA BFF and National Lake Trout Derby

Started off on Big Fish Friday Fishing with Nick aboard Reel Stories we fished from Watkins to Sampson and had a great time and was great getting to see everyone up there for the weigh in....Thanks again Nick for letting me on board with you...

Saturday morning our team was together and ready to go.. We fished right out of Watkins and Trolled north knowing that I knew where there were some good temps and a good screen from a few previous days before and we got into the Browns Rainbows and Salmon .. Some real beautiful fish came to the boat including a couple 4 and 5 pound Rainbows that were just drilling my 3 color and 100 copper pulling a Finger Lakes Tackle Iron Duke Spoon in various sizes didnt matter but just couldn't find the size fish we were looking for....

Sunday went right back to the same spot and continued to work that area and the bait had moved in and the screen looked extremely promising Iron Duke spoon once again was on fire catching many bows salmon and browns .... Bout 9 o'clock I decide to drop a dipsys with a spinny in fly down 111 out and bang we have a great smack on the new cold water dipsys rod and instantly starts pulling some drag we get a beautiful 7 plus brown to the boat (picture below) but after that things die down for us and we are starting to pick up stuff to run in and take a break and the dipsy takes off again and we land a 7 plus Landlock so in the box it goes.... We run in for the morning and when we get back in we realize the salmon will make the board and it does just to get bumped the next day... oh well....

Monday we go right back to th he same spot and it is instantly like a Chinese fire drill for the first 2 hours especially for Rainbows we had some great board going back quick hits numerous times all morning and we were doubled and tripled up a couple times and even caught a Grand slam within a half hour of being out but nothing that would make the board but we had an absolute blast that morning

Overall great weekend and got to meet lots of great fisherman and share many great stories...And a Big Congrats to Laker Taker for there Grand Prize Winning monster 15 pound Brown and Showing the Northenders how us Southenders roll.... Finger Lakes Tackle Chicken feed , Death from above and Iron Duke Spoon were the hottest spoons for us all weekend.. Cant say enough about Bobbys paint skills and quality product he puts out there for us... til next year guys..... Have some more pics on the camera I will try to load up later tonight...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14012742411825_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iron Duke

Awesome brown and report!  It was good seeing you at BFF.  I think we should go around and introduce ourselves each year.  It goes by so fast that it's hard to put the faces with the boats and stories.

Awesome brown and report! It was good seeing you at BFF. I think we should go around and introduce ourselves each year. It goes by so fast that it's hard to put the faces with the boats and stories.

Thanks and yeah we should take a little extra time and introduce ourselves and put names with faces for sure.... I think BFF will continue to grow and we are already looking at possibly a few extra prizes for next year....

Mike

Great report Mike......great bunch of guys down your way despite being "south enders" :lol:  Looking forward to next year already and meeting up in person. Best of luck and tight lines...shaping up to be a great season already.

Brook trout do you have a place on the west side.. There was a center console boat that looked extremely familiar tied up to a dock were I fished all weekend??