LOWRANCE ELITE 7 FINE TUNING

I've enjoyed reading several posts and ideas of understanding how to see your downrigger balls and thermocline and such with the Elite 7. I've had mine 

since last year and still trying to understand what specfic adjustments are made to see the above,I have also seen mentioned how you can pick up lake trout

90 feet down near the bottom with the unit,can't seem to get there if thats possible. I've been told that many fishermen are using the Elite 7 and I thought I would ask

the more experienced for some help.All replys are deeply appreciated.

I will be following this topic as I plan on pulling the trigger on the base combo FF/GPS soon. Not the chirp model though, the standard models are $100 off right now. Will suit my needs predominatly on my local lake which averages 35 feet deep

I also just purchased a Elite 7 hdi. Cabelas knocked $100.00 off and a $100.00 Mail in rebate also they did not have anymore with the screen saver and ones with the chip in it so they knocked another $100 off. So I ended up Pay $529.00 for the unit but I still need a chip. I was thinking about the Northeast chip in the premium as I was told the platinum one won't work in the Elite on the account of the 3 D overlay, need the HDS units to run the platinum card. If anyone knows of a better chip I would like to hear any opinions as I haven't purchased a chip yet. Thanks pap. I didn't mean to hi jack your post, maybe we both could learn something here?

I Purchased the Elite 7 last summer as well with the 83/200 transducer and love it! Too see my downrigger balls while trolling I have to have the transducer tilted back otherwise the balls will blow back out of range of the ducer. Marking fish is just a matter of basically playing with the settings and the most important for me is to have the Frequency range set at 83 khz and the Auto Sensitivity to OFF . The noise rejection is set on high and surface clarity is set to low although I do adjust these at times to eliminate the noise(black dots) on the screen at times . From there while out fishing manually adjust the sensitivity up and you will be able to see those lakers on the bottom and all other fish in the water column with no problems while seeing your riggers balls! You just have to balance the sensitivity setting with the amount of noise you will pick up on the screen if you take it up too high. Hope this helps and good luck! 

reillym, I tried to download an image off of my Elite 7 from a post last year, ( How did you find them)  if you want to search that post.  I had mine on the 83Khz and worked like a charm. Not sure if this will pop up for you on the download.  As far as the other settings, Id play around with it if I were you when your out there on the water.  It really doesnt take that long and will become so familiar with it once you do. 

ImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1377483656.725687.jpg

i called lowrance and they suggested also running it in deep water mode in settings when fishing in over 60 ft of water. I do this now and can see my 1 ounce jig fall to bottom and pick up lakers on the bottom. I also turn my sensitivity up to 95-97% and turn fish id off which ramps up the sensitivity as well. 

I purchased one last year and tracks all just fine I see fish down over 250 and even tracked my rigger on bottom in 198fow and that took 213ft of cable to get their hahaha!!! But I have one screwy setting that I messed up and mine won't read shallower then 30fow not sure what I did with that one