erie bite out of buffalo or sturgen? results posted

bettieanne

One heck of a shouting match at the sbh yesterday around noon.  One guy launching at retrieval and a half dozen guys trying to get out. 

Just did a little bass fishing for a change. Not bad, not great. Could not find them on any of the shoals. They were still along the breakwalls.

Edited by Pequod1

Yesterday everyone motored right out to the normal 50 ft water off the windmills, passing a large school of walleye in the South Gap from the end of the Long Wall to the end of the Outer Wall.While trolling for muskies I marked walleyes schooled up like they were packing in a sardine can.Water temp by the walls was 63 degrees and water temp out in the lake was 65 degrees.I was part of that yelling duel at the SBH, guy backs in and pushes out others trying to get their boats out while the launch area on the other end was empty.His attitude was blank us, he was not walking the extra distance from down there.Then after he launched his boat would not start for about 5 minutes, further getting those waiting to get out mad.The same guy on Sunday drove past a line of 8 rigs with boats waiting to launch and cut the line and launched!The two launch ramp areas are marked with Retrieval on one and Launch on the other area.It is OK for everyone to launch at both areas early in the morning when no one is trying to get out, but at noon when a line of boats were returning to get out is just plain ignorance! Then to tell everyone to go blank their self he got there first.Yes I could have just changed my ropes to the other side of the boat to go into the other side of the dock and kept quiet, but someone has to say something to these ignorant people or the numbers just keep growing, so he had to move over to the other side stopping the next boat from getting out.

Edited by mostlymuskies

Hopefully the message wasn't lost on him musky. I must have just missed it as we were in line around that time. The DEC had a nice three car gaggle blocking the retrieval ramp while I was trying to get my truck down to pull out the boat, must have been discussing something important. The shuttle was no where to be found. Just seemed like everything that could happen to slow it down did. I am no expert by any means but even out on the water courtesy was no where to be found. While we where out a guys treating the trollers like highway cones on a test track nearly went through my spread and then cut within 5ft in front of me. You know its crazy when your five year old daughter yells "what are you doing?" Still a blast but all uncommon sense was out the window Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cheers to you mostlymuskie. Someone has to say something to these ignorant f&$@s. Who the hell do these people think they are- they will wait just like everyone else. I have calmed down quite a bit the older I get but when I was younger I was the guy who would throw down with these a holes. I don't condone it necessarily but it does get the point across to people who think they can do whatever they want with no repercussions- if everyone who follows the rules and is courteous and respectful would open there mouth just maybe we can take care of it on our own

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I launch from there all the time yes its five bucks its mite be hard to launch a big boat I launch my 18 ft trophy there with no problem yellowpike :yes::yes: Bouquard's Boat Livery Marina

Thanks yellow pike. I will give it a go next time I launch. Any issues with vehicle security down that way?

I was there sunday around 10am with the family and they had a guy making sure nobody launched from the retrieval side. I didn't see anyone coming out around 2pm over seeing it than. When the fishing is good and everyone is catching fish people come from all over. Yes if you want to make the run down the river believe me more "people pleasure boaters" use these launches more than the fisherman. I was about 1 hr in the hole there as well but thankfully all fisherman and everyone had their Sh** together. However i will point out people who drive their boats on tend to think they can drop someone off go get the trailer cut line to pick up. I will not be lied to again by people pretending not to be cutting it was a great example to show my 10yr on boater edicate. Even he picked up on it and made a comment.

I guess ill chime in seeing as I'm one of those guys .First , when we luanch, me or my buddy are in boat ...dunk him in and we are out of there in less than a minute ,,he then picks me up on dock bt fish cleaning station..no need to wait for shuttle..When we return ,,its same thing ..i get dropped off on dock in front of fish cleaning station....However i wait off to side with trailer until guy in boat has his open dock..i back in ..he drives on and we are out in less than a min ....We always wait out turn ...It gets us in and out a LOT quicker ..I think if more people did this ,ones that could .It would be a lot quicker for everyone

I guess ill chime in seeing as I'm one of those guys .First , when we luanch, me or my buddy are in boat ...dunk him in and we are out of there in less than a minute ,,he then picks me up on dock bt fish cleaning station..no need to wait for shuttle..When we return ,,its same thing ..i get dropped off on dock in front of fish cleaning station....However i wait off to side with trailer until guy in boat has his open dock..i back in ..he drives on and we are out in less than a min ....We always wait out turn ...It gets us in and out a LOT quicker ..I think if more people did this ,ones that could .It would be a lot quicker for everyone

Agreed.......this always make things go quicker for EVERYONE...........

you are not "one of those guys" if your boat driver is not cutting the line waiting for a dock

It looks like the biggest problem is the fact that trailer parking is so far from ramps

It would work better if every boat has one person to get the trailer and another on the boat waiting for trailer to be positioned at ramp. As stated above, that is not always possibe. Some are alone or are with someone who doesn't have the experience to do either job.

If they had staging docks off to the side of the ramps where boats can be tied off while going to get the trailer or park trailer, that would help things move along smoother.

I just came in from SBH. Got 5 real nice eyes. Which is a great day for me. Four on the same hammered gold harness on a triple swivel and 2 oz at 40 FOW and one on lead line with a black and silver Rapala. Took me 4 hours so they weren't really slamming it but it sure was fun

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United. Pj100h

Maybe a new thread for SBH improvements?

Fished solo out of Sturgeon Point yesterday (which was pretty quiet at 05:30). Managed 2 walleyes bottom bouncing crawlers around Myers , and then took 4 trolling out in the deep water (50+). The last of which was 9+. Lots of sheepies, silver bass, and SM Bass in the mix.....even a couple of trophy perch.

My only complaint on the launch area is it's so damn far! Gotta start driving at 3:30, and even then it's daylight when you get there!

Questions for you regulars around Buffalo......

1. While trolling out in the deep stuff, every now and the graph would show "baitfish marks" on the bottom....... are they bait or perch?

2. What do you think about Sam Reinhart as the #2 pick?

Sbh is pretty quiet at 530a as well. It's noon that seems to be the issue! Lol. Not sure on the fish finder, recently went fishing on a buddies boat who had a color finder which held the arcs while the fish id was on. That thing was miles superior to my Pirahnamax180 tri-beam. Many people have told me that a fish finder isn't that important. After the experience on my buddies boat I am not so sure!

Today we boxed out with two walleye limits in 46 ft flow out from the windmills. All fish came on 3-D thumper blade in copper & orange down 25 ft off dipseys at 1.8 mph.Double header day as well.Best fishing was after the west wind picked up around 11 am,producing 3 ft waves.Mix bag in sizes,18" to 27".

My friend and I did a 2 man limit and threw back a few more out of Sturgeon Point.Fished from 45-58'.Several different harness and stick baits off lead core took fish as well as spoons off the riggers.Got my first eye double off 1 rod. Spoon on the rigger with a slider.Fun day but a wet bumpy ride back to the point.Mostly smaller fish today but got 3 over 5lbs.  

Limited out both days over the weekend and it seems everyone i know boxed out walleye fishing amazing again this year. It was deadliest catch in route back to harbor at sturgeon. 8 mile drive at 8mph - zero fish at myers only silver bass - don't get me wrong i love walleye but can't wait to get on Ontario for something that doesn't skip over the waves into the net :). I was running riggers on the bottom and dipseys - ditto on the gold and orange along with running stick baits.

I don't want to sound stupid mostlymuskies but what is the 3-d thumper blade and are you able to post a picture of one. Was also wondering what style as far as Colorado, french blade etc...I think I know what our talking about but not sure,I am thinking it is the 3d image ones. thanks I fish the st.lawrence river when I get time. It seems like this year every time I make plans to go it never works out. Thanks

Edited by mhtrapper