Lake Erie Lakers - 1st fishing video

IUP30

Over the weekend we had some fantastic laker fishing on Lake Erie and I made this little video of some of the strikes (cell phone fish pics at the end).  I have learned a TON from reading previous posts on LOU and some of the tips and tricks I picked up helped us be successful out on the water.  The first day the camera angle wasn't set to wide and the mounting location was on one of my rod trees.  Eventually when I get the planer mast installed it will be mounted there to get the full shot of the boat.

Enjoy and let me know what you think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_zXKTQeyS0

love seeing the riggers go, even if they are lakers  :lol:

3:52....how common of an occurrence is it for a guy with his...er....rod out...to grab a rigger rod before anyone else?? 

Edited by orangediablo

Pretty sweet man.  Where were you fishing for lakers on Erie?  Im like the only guy at my harbor that targets them.  I fish out of Barcelona.  I was absolutely crushing lakers over memorial day weekend.  We caught over 30 on saturday, and even more on sunday.  I had some seriously vicious strikes on my dipsys.....almost as hard as a king salmon hitting.  20lbers all day long.

We fished out of North East PA. Sat we landed 21 and Sunday 18...only fishing till about noon each day.

Orange - not that common but I was on the wheel and we had a non-veteran troller who was closest to it that just wasnt fast enough to get to it before the guys with his other "rod" in his hands could get there. I'm the long haired guy on the boat

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Where you fishing "the mountain" due north out of North East? I've done ok out of that harbor, but the big pigs are out of Barcelona which is only five miles past north east on route 5. If you ever want to fish up hat way just let me know. I can take you right to the hot spots.

Thanks Jigstick - I may take you up on that offer.  We were fishing the mountain - a little west of North East.  Fish are starting to move out deeper and we didn't fish for them this past weekend.  I've never fished out of Barcelona but would definitely like to get into some of the bigger fish... most we caught were in that 10 pound range with a few 16's and 17's.