Need a few more votes, i was told this fish is a brown trout but i didnt buy it. sorry i dont have a picture of the tail..had trouble uploading the picture- see pic below

Edited by Drebs12

Blaker? lol. just didnt look like any BT i had ever seen. we thought it was an atlantic to be honest. but it has all of the spots below the lateral line

Brown/Brook hybrid.  Extremely rare.  I actually don't know but if I was talking to children or people that didn't know any better... this is what I would tell them.  :)

Send to Cortland for fish ID.  It is interesting.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/salmon_v_browntrout.htm

I wasn't so sure it was a brown without seeing the tail (guess I thought it could be an Atlantic) so I had to look up.  Based on the adipose fin color it looks like a brown and a beauty at that.

Thanks for sharing,

Chris

Not to ruffle any feathers, but a post like this when people just rattle off "brown", "laker", or "WTF is wrong with you guys, it's a....." like in another post is ridiculous. It's similar to when folks post a question asking what people's favorite downriggers are and it turns into a @#ck wagging contest without any information.

It would be much more helpful for others to post your reasons why you think it's a certain species, so that folks like me can learn from your experience and knowledge.

Thanks,

Chris

Not to ruffle any feathers, but a post like this when people just rattle off "brown", "laker", or "WTF is wrong with you guys, it's a....." like in another post is ridiculous. It's similar to when folks post a question asking what people's favorite downriggers are and it turns into a @#ck wagging contest without any information.

It would be much more helpful for others to post your reasons why you think it's a certain species, so that folks like me can learn from your experience and knowledge.

Thanks,

Chris

Brown

Wow - Hairybumcrack is one Eloquent Canuck !!!!    Not to mention Insightful, and a Stereotype buster as well. 

Oh, I'm so sorry. In that case I forgot to add "eh" to my post

Edited by momay4000

Maybe I'll knock out a few of my teeth, wear a wife beater shirt today and jump into a 1974 Ford F-150 so I could fit in.  I'll make sure I don't slip up and let the occasional "eh" out to blow my cover.  And I won't have nothing to report until the American fish make their counter clockwise swing around the lake - probably another few weeks before they show up in numbers.

But I do want to congratulate the NYR's for knocking out the Canadien's last night.  That made my day.

Edited by hairybumcrack