sececa 3/30

went fishing with final fight today 20 for 30 an lakers. went back to the same spot ray and i fished thursday fish are still there we had a couple of triples and 5 doubles. big weenie flys produced again uncle pinch proctologist and toxic waste glow. the 120 fow was the targeted area 83 on the rigger and 204 and 225 on the dipsys 2.5 was the speed.

all the fish we caught was released, very healthy only 2 had eels on them. we killed them. lot of 4-6 pounders and rollie caught a 10 pound very nice fish.

as was said , i fished with jason , i great day,the most fish to enter my boat in a single day, a little rough but that can be expected in a 16 footer. the spin doctor and big weenie fly's were on fire, has to be the fly's because i run the same spinnies with out the results, (see jasons post for the names) i would also like to say thank-you jason for showing patience and understanding when i screwed up, which happened more than i care to say!@! if anyone has the chance fish with this guy and keep an open mind, he WILL put you on the fish and share the details of what he is thinking and why he is thinking it. very helpful, very knowlageble and mostly very kind and understanding. God bless rollie

we troll up one side of the lake and back down the other . work and east west troll going out to 150 back into 100 with 120 being the targeted area where the fish seem to hit.

your welcome rollie. hows your arms i learned alot from ray and others on this site. to all you new guys dont be afraid to ask question everyone on this site is more then willing to give any info you need

Thanks Jason for releasing all the fish back into the lake. I have always been one to take very few fish from Seneca and am always grateful to those who do the same. I am glad to hear that the population seems so robust.

Question:

What is the best technique for releasing deep water lakers that are bloated and can't get back down?

Dave

Howdy all,

Sounds as if I need to give the green Spin Dr's a try on Owasco. I'm curious though, Ray said in another post that he often does not mark fish. If that's the case, are you fishing a temp. ? or right on the bottom, or just winging it ?

Thanks- Rusty

rusty what jason ment by (fishing points) thats how the old timers that pulled copper on seneca on the west side would stay over the 100ftsh water before the fish finder daysfor the first 7 or 8 miles on the s/west end of seneca if you keep your keel aimed just outside the next visable point you will be in about 100 ft depth water.i assume you know lakers and brown trout are bottom orenated fish (they rise up eat and lay on bottom to rest)this time there is not much of a thermal but the 100 to 125 range always seems to be where they are resting probly a light and pressure thing they like .but it is not unuasual to get lakers right to the surface when that 2or 3 hr shoulda been there feed bag window happens.this time of year if you want lakers without trolling all day you might set your stuff in the water around 3 in the afternoon till dark

Scientific research shows that the eyes of lake trout are most sensitive to light of wavelengths between 550 and 560 nanometers. Not surprisingly, light of those wavelengths is a bright chartreuse green.

So yeah... lakers are most sensitive to green, they see it best.... gives the most contrast in the deep water, where green is one of the last colors to be absorbed. Even a white lure looks green down deep. Any other color looks black.

Now you all can go out with confidence knowing Ray's laker weapon has been scientifically verified. :roll: :D

Was all pumped to go out Saturday on my buddy Philly's boat and try my new Wire set-ups (I had never heard of these until joining this forum). Launch at the Chamber of Commerce and his motor won't discharge any water. Must be the impeller froze in the pump......So I have to hurry and get my boat ready.

I would like to steer my kicker motor with the steering wheel. Is this possible with a short shaft kicker?

zebe that happened the other day with my new honda the discharge hose had a slight belly in it and a small pice of ice was in there ,being new(the motor) i sorta guessed that was the problem so i started for 20 sec then shut it down for a 30 to60sec rest and tried again .had to do 3 times before melting... hope you check this before teardown.

Snyder

Thanks! I'll have to place an order for one....pretty inexpensive.

Ray,

Yeah we disconnected the hose under the cover to check for ice, but didn't see any. Also he keeps his boat under a vinyl carport and it was pretty warm in there.

Zebedee

• 11 months later...