I usually run sliders on my downriggers.  I seem to pick up fish on them frequently, so why not.  But for the life of me I cant seem to find a good way to store them when Im not using them.  Ive tried wrapping them around a water bottle, water noodle, etc.  The tails dangle and it gets all bunged up.  Anybody have a simple solution to this?  Shoving them in my bag sucks because they always come out tangled.

I wrap around my 4 fingers then with the last 6" i weave it around the wrap (in and out of the circle) then put the wrap in the swivel and attach back to lure eye. after that I just place into my special mate box and done. All nicely wrapped and doesn't have a way to come undone.

Edited by Chas0218

I use swim noodles, but cut slots around them about 3/4" deep with a utility knife..... bury the snaps and swivels down in the slots to avoid tangles.

For many years I have done exactly as JD describes without problems. mI wind up about 10 or so on a piece of foam noodle so if one get messed up I just use another fast off the foam so no trouble whatsoever..

Edited by Sk8man

I use swim noodles, but cut slots around them about 3/4" deep with a utility knife..... bury the snaps and swivels down in the slots to avoid tangles.

We also add  golf tees for the swivels.  Push easily into the noodle and hold the swivel in place.  Amish outfitters make a flat pad that has little double pins in them that works really well too. 

If you leave your rods together you could always leave the leader attached and clip to the loose end on your reel or one of the eyes of the rod.

I do the same with the swim noodles but I use a V shaped nail, like you would use to hold wire fence to a wooden structure. They are galvanized and about 3/4" they work sweet.

I also cut the noodle at 12"s and use a 1/2" wooden dowel rod cut at 14"s and push it through the center of the noodle so about 1" sticks out then I load them up with spoons I can get 10 in a row with the 2 barbs into the noodle and 1 stiking out then load the opposite side. I have U shaped holders that take two screws to fasten them, 1 for each side of the noodle, and have them mounted in the cuddy. They stay in place nicely and I use the same type holders in the back of the boat, so all I have to do is grab a noodle with the colors I want to use and hang them where we can get them. I have them organized in color and size, the same with my worm harnesses, color and length the harnesses is where I use the V nails I use 3, 1 through the swivel and 1 in the center once I have it all wrapped up and 1 through the loop on the end to hold them tight on the noodle. I think the noodles work better than anything I ever tried and where can you find something that holds 20 spoons in 12"s and another good thing about the noodles is your lures dry, not in a box were they hold moisture and rust. Try it and see if you like it, one thing I noticed is the $1.00 noodles at the Dollar store don't hold up as good as the $3.00 ones do, get the ones that are smooth, like. The ones that feel ruff like, styrofoam don't work sa well, at least for me anyway, and for $3.00 you get 5 or 6 holders, they are usually 6 ft in length. Have fun and tight lines to all PAP.

Edited by pap

I got leader reels .  They were a couple bucks each and I store 5 or 6  " sliders "  or leaders on each.  The red one is 10# , blue is 14#  The rest are 20#  .  The 20# There are 6' and 4'   and one with 6' with the michigan stinger slidersticker snap.  You can make these leader reels with a old line spool and a 1/4" hole and a slot.   The small off-shore release are what I use to "Fix " slider.   The differant lengths let me move them to a flasher to run a spoon . Or a dipsie to run a spoon.   The 10# is red so I don't use it King fishing.   You drop one end of the leader in the keyhole slot and wind it on.  Hook the next one to the first and so on.  Bought mine at Woody's in Port Ontario.

post-139530-0-07980600-1401475205_thumb.jpg

post-139530-0-11284900-1401475246_thumb.jpg

post-139530-0-14180700-1401475273_thumb.jpg

post-139530-0-39594900-1401475312_thumb.jpg

post-139530-0-70400000-1401475342_thumb.jpg

post-139530-0-05912500-1401475375_thumb.jpg

I prefer to keep it simple... I use a ~16" piece of a swimming pool "noodle" and wrap the leader around this. I push the swivel snap into the foam.

I use this to store my pre-made leaders. I'll use the leader as my slider.

Edited by markmonkey1

Tha thing I found that works for me is 2 in. Thick foam installation border. Cut it down so it's 14 in. Long by 10 wide or so . Put the hooks in the top of border and rap the leader around then put snap pushed in the bord it works great for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Lake Ontario United mobile app