Best place to buy tackle

Depends on where you fish.  Some ports have decent shops.  Slippery sinker in Olcott.  Fat Nancy's out east.  Narby's and Captains Cove at Oak Orchard.  Usually have good info on fishing/hot lures as well.

Classified section on here gets some good deals now and then as well.  Check out the sponsors section for online shops.

easiest answer, your local tackle shop (including the sponsors on the site).  Without them, you're paying WAY too much at Gander, Dicks....Plus, the convenience.  Buy from the local shops, and they'll always be around.

If none of the above work for you and you are more of an internet guy, GLOutdoors.com has been ok to me. Local is always best though.

I have purchased  copper  reels and rods.     a whole bunch of fly and SD combos. Tom  helped pick proven  combos that work   for   all kinds of conditions    bright days, early am,  overcast  and took time to explain a whole lot to me  Anything  he  has  I buy    there first.

Thats a tough question. Buy local sounds great. I have yet to find anyplace that has everything i need. I make a list in the late fall and do all my shopping in winter months. Do i want to pay an extra 25-50% to buy local? On line is really the only way to outfit and get everthing you need. I was in cabelas recently and pulled up a reel online and they took off another $30. The local shop i visit would laugh and call me bad names if i asked them to price match. Lets face it trolling for gear is as much a part of fishing lake ontario as getting in the boat. Visit a-tom-mik web site. Its a must. Spoons from warrior. Owners swivils with the extra ring. Spin doctors that arent just the ten that are in every store. Hooks? Fish hawk? Riggers? Best line? Cooler? Boat parts? I need a drink.

• 3 weeks later...

A-Tom-Mik website is great. All seasons in Pulaski has a great selection and good prices. Screwy Louie's in fair haven also has a good selection and prices as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United