Otisco 5/31 solid night

Went out last night with my buddy scotty and we had non stop action. Started casting just before midnite and ended up landing a dozen eyes in less than 5 hrs. Our best 6 weighed 32 lbs with 3 just over 6. Alewive action was crazy, but most fish would only hit on the pause on suspending baits. I also jigged 2 fish and our longest on 5" gulp on a 1/2 swimbait jig. Hits were light except the jigs which they crushed.

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-14015323762161_thumb.jpg

Nice job Justin and crew. We were out last nite also and I would say the bite was pretty great as well. We kept 5 fish between the two of us, one small the rest between 5 and 8 pounds. We caught all of ours in 2 feet of water on floaters.

3ABB2681-BEA3-48DA-AE4F-0A7ED74C2C47-810

Went out from the shore last night between 230 and 5..caught 1 5-6lb eye and a couple of smallmouth..what time did you seem to be having the best action? I plan on going again tonight and was hoping to get into a few more. Appreciate any advice that you can give..

Bite started an hour after legal sunset and never stopped where we were. We lost 2 fish at the net and lost maybe 5 hooked fish after they hit. Missed many hits as well, they were lightly tapping for us. We left at midnite because we were tired and cold, and they were still coming in.

I'm no pro, but the long stickbaits don't work for us. Think fatter, wider, and taller top to bottom for your lure.

Ask Justin, he could give better advice.

What works for you depends on what depth the water is...we were working depths to 15 feet of water...last week i caught several in 6 inches of water on floaters. Ive been starting at 11 or 12...but i dont wanna wait and i like it best after everyone else quits.

Way to go fellas, that's the report I've been waiting for, go get em boys, and congrats to your catches, keep the ball rolling JT!!! PAP.

Nice going folks....doesn't get much better than that kind of action (or the eating for that matter :lol: )

I went out last night for 4 hrs with my friend gene and his wife staci. We did nothing but drop n miss fish. We ended up with only 3 eyes. They enjoyed the nice night and the fat fillets! Its really difficult to teach people how its done in 1 trip, and difficult to figure out what to do differently when im not fishing up front. Ill do better....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's right JT. This will be a big learning curve for everyone, like for instance, I could show my girls how to cast, but they couldn't duplicate what I was doing but after awhile I had to be careful or they will outdo me. Another instance took my father in law along the other night to drive the boat so I could spend time with my uncles back at the riggers and the boards to show them some pointers also, well after 50 years behind the wheel and owning tri axel trucks we come to the conclusion he AIN'T no boat operator, he said jokingly there's no lines out here!! So it's tuff if everybody isn't on the same page and 1 person can't do it all. My hat goes off to all the charter captains who do this day in and day out and under stand now why when they get a group of guys that are knowledgeable why they appreciate those days it's almost like a day off. You JT will figure it out as I believe you are a person that your brain is never at ease, you will have it figured out in no time. Good luck and tight lines to all. PAP.

As soon as the thermoclime sets up the walleye fishing gets very consistent for trolling...right now THE WAY to target eyes is at night casting, or trolling very slow very tight to shore at night. This doesn't mean that trolling in daylight cant work, but consistent positive results arent possible for me. The walleye feed so hard all night that they are in a food coma all day! Ill post some pics of the fat content on these fish...its unreal this year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Consistent trolling results not possible for me either....

Gave it a try the last couple mornings for a few hours each morning and nothing but some browns and a tiger.  61 degrees down 22 in a few spots.  Be set up just right about when that night bite slows down.

Wind drove me off last night with just 1 4.5 pounder casting. Im so tired from night fishing...its awesome fishing but im ready to troll. We trolled for an hour or so last evening with another couple and managed a decent smb that gave a good show. The sunset and view was our main objective and it was gorgeous.