Musky Fishing on Fulton Chain Lakes

Hey guys,

Will be staying on 1st lake and fishing all the way through 4th lake in late July. Will have a boat and tackle to troll, spin or fly fish.

Looking for any advise in targeting Tigers. Would appreciate some suggestions on lures (spoon, sticks, etc...); color selection, time of day, troll speed and where to target.

Will also be targeting Lakers in 3rd and 4th lake and any lure/color/presentation style info would also be helpful.

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I stayed there a week two years ago in july. I stayed on a place in the channel by old forge. I never fished past first lake because i was catching plenty of pike there. I figured i would get a tiger sooner or later but never saw one. My best bait was my trusty nickle red eye. I caught some stout largemouths as well. I don't troll at all,all casting. Find weeds and pike are there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate fishing the Fulton Chain.  Funny story was last time up there asked guy:  "So, where to go for the best bite?"  His reply:  "You need to head to the finger lakes......REALLY, that's where I just came from."  :)    

It can be tough at times but the fish are there. I have caught plenty of nice pike in 1st-3rd, but have only seen one musky ( nice one) and that was in 4th. Old man gives good advice- follow it and you should do well. I will add that most of my success has been early in the am, as the lakes get quite busy and that shuts the fish down IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Gents, we are heading back to the ADK in August and want to try 1st-4th lake.  The problem is last time I was there could not find out how to get to those lakes?  Can you get shore access to them and if so, what roads are they off?

When coming through Old Forge, is that "pond" looking thing actually 4th lake?  We go up to stay at the DEC campground at 8th lake.

GREATLY appreciate any input.  Taking the kids this year.....

The pond at old forge is old forge pond. The channel takes you to 1st lake and so forth. Town of inlet is at the end of 4th lake. There is a launch at inlet and a place to tie up and go into town. May be able to fish there,not sure. You can fish off the docks at old forge and worm up lots of panfish.