Get Ready for......BITING FLY SEASON!

Hey Skip, Yoyu REALLY need to go fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know!...find me someone to drive this friggin riggin! Thought maybe for a couple seconds. .hmm could brush up on trap shooting with this! :D:rolleyes:

cent frum my notso smart fone

I hope you have that assault weapon registered with New York State.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes...my weapon is registered..SS# 053-50-xxxx (sorry Ray)..forgot ecks out..>_>

Original owner but the magazine is not full capacity after 10K rounds fired in the 1970s and 80s!..lol

Edited by skipper19

I got bit even with the ultra shield. And i keep my deck clean...and spray it with listerine.

I scrub my deck with purell. .gives me a warm feeling to be fly germ free

There is a thread that mentions this bug spray.   Contains deet, as well as 2 "biting fly" additives.   I bought two bottles, people say it works great.

Here is the link to the product.  They have a bunch of sprays, make sure you get the one labeled for "biting flies".   For $12 bucks for two bottles, it's worth a shot.

We camp in the Adk. Mts. in June and August, and the flies up there are KILLER.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buggspray-Insect-Repellent-No-Fragrance-2x4-fl-oz-/160310073360

Anyone with a top enclosure ever tried a thermacell?  They work great in the turkey woods. Might be ok out on the boat too??

We use them. The flies get lazy, flop around for awhile, AND DIE. 100's of them all over the place at the end of the day to clean up. You still get bit, by the "new" flies entering the boat, that haven't been effected by the thermacell yet. It does work...to a point, I guess?

Wearing long pants is the best solution. 

Interesting fact that I have come across. Stable fly likes white surfaces...but only after they have sucked your blood. Then the readings went on to say wear black socks not white to discourage them.

Must be they are the opposite of ADK black flies...they love black and I always try to wear high UV reflective color like WHITE!..or florescent GREEN! which works effective for those blackies. ..now I find out the stable fly likes those surface colors. .dammit!..trying black socks this year..thick black socks. Maybe a thermocell personal. .strapped to lower legs?

Natural herb repellents that contains catnip oil is said to have been very effective in studying the fly behavior. Unless a chemical repellent contain at least 30% DEET it is non effective and only frustrated the fly and it bit more voracious. The bad thing of DEET is high concentrate mixture will eat poly carbon fiber and plastic.

I think Ray has already experienced this. That's why he fishes buffy style. DEET ate his polyester sailors outfit. .AND..put a hole in Marcella's plastic skin so she won't hold air anymore without the patch on her...well..ahem!...anyway, now he relies on his natural fur to make himself impenetrable. ..hair..strange Indian. .hmmmm. ..:rolleyes::huh:

Edited by skipper19

Here we go again ! Ultra Shield is NOT approved for use on humans . READ THE LABEL . It is also extremely toxic to fish and all aquatic animals .Label warns not to use near bodies of water . It is not a repellant , it is an insecticide . I wonder if there is any liability involved with recommending this product when the label clearly states "NOT FOR USE ON HUMANS" .

I get pretty good results with Catnip oil. I buy it at the local pet store for a couple of bucks. It doesn't smell bad or like chemicals so I like to think it's not messing with my program.

Downside is my neighbours cat scratches the hell out of my legs when I get back to he dock.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk