That's the biggest one I have seen! Must have thought you had a slob on. Always a little disappointing when you see what's at the end of the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Awesome fish! They put up an awesome fight. I've seen people catch coolers full of trout and salmon only to bury them in the garden etc...Sheepshead (freshwater drum) are fun to target, amazing fighters, and that is without a doubt the largest I have ever seen. Congratulations on a great fish!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You know we get kinda used to folks posting pics of big salmon and walleyes etc. but it is really neat when you see something out of the ordinary like that and it is another reminder of the world class diversity of the fishery we have here....Cool! Thanks for posting it.

Ya I caught 13 total over the weekend and a bunch were on the plainer boards. The big one took the board down and it didn't come back up for like ten minutes!

We found a dead one on the lake yesterday that had a seagull stuck on it. The fish had a rapala x rap it had snapped off from the fisherman and the seagull tried to eat the x rap. He was stuck on the lure and was being pulled under by the dead fish bobbing in the waves. We netted the whole mess and freed the gull and got a new x rap!

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-147894-0-31873500-1401716513_thumb.jpg

We found a dead one on the lake yesterday that had a seagull stuck on it. The fish had a rapala x rap it had snapped off from the fisherman and the seagull tried to eat the x rap. He was stuck on the lure and was being pulled under by the dead fish bobbing in the waves. We netted the whole mess and freed the gull and got a new x rap!

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

............................or was it a ZOMBIE SHEEPy  with the x-rap, that tried to eat the seagull???????

Edited by devoknevo

Ya it's weird but as soon as they see the boat they dive straight down and put up a fight! That big one fought for ten minutes!!