Southtown Walleye Tournament

jigstick

Anyone fishing the tournament starting this weekend?  I will be.  Out of Northeast or Barcelona.  If you are, shoot me your MMSI number and we can BS over the VHF.  

Awesome.  I was going to get a slip there, but Im only fishing saturday and sunday.  They wanted me to pay the full $80 for the week.  So Ill just park and launch.  Im in a Bayliner 2252 Express Cruiser, all white, hardtop cuddly.  Go by "Team Thick".  I don't know my MMSI number off the top of my head.  Ill have to look on my VHF when I get there.  PM me with yours and Ill either hail you or catch you at the dock.  I should be there Saturday by 2am.  So far, weather is looking pretty good.

We will be out of Dunkirk all week. Fishing has been good out that way. There is only a handful of boats that I have been seeing. I believe the fishing is going to be good this weekend. Weather is promising.

I'm not hearing too much- I see boats out on the horizon every morning- 300'+. How they are doing?-no idea.

I do the walleye thing a couple times a year. I can get salmon in my backyard whenever I want ( at least try) but walleye now that is a treat for me- just can't beat it on the table- good luck in the tournament- I'll be on here for the next few days while fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Bad news guys. The lake turned over yesterday. No thermocline anymore. And there is a bad mud line. Fishing is going to be tough. See yall tomorrow.

fished buffalo today and pounded them all eaters. My buddy did grand slam today boated 2 man limit yellows and than did the perch. Way to much cleaning for me. He said walleye cleaning took 15mins  and the perch took 2 hours and about the same in meat in comparison.

I do f dock. Come visit. 26ft walk around dual 115 4 stroke mercurys. We got six yesterday wieghed one 8.5. Got 4 today two over eight lbs. No fish under 5.5 lbs all weekend. yesterday caught fish on short cores. Today three fish came off the bottom. Small dw spoons watermellon. My buddy docked next to me wieghed in two over nine yesterday. Lakers were there. Slower then we would like but we grinded it out. Leader down (light) and troll slow.

I do f dock. Come visit. 26ft walk around dual 115 4 stroke mercurys. We got six yesterday wieghed one 8.5. Got 4 today two over eight lbs. No fish under 5.5 lbs all weekend. yesterday caught fish on short cores. Today three fish came off the bottom. Small dw spoons watermellon. My buddy docked next to me wieghed in two over nine yesterday. Lakers were there. Slower then we would like but we grinded it out. Leader down (light) and troll slow.

Seven walleyes taken around thirty five foot east of Sturgeon Point the past two days. 10:30 AM and it was all over. Worm harnesses, lead core and in line planers with one on a dipsey set at two with a harness.