Any reports from Port Hope ?

Got a king at 160 fow and 40 down on a . purple spoon but only a 10 pounder ...at the bluffs ....water very rough and full of white caps...

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just fished out of Port Darlington on Wednesday and Thursday and 0 fish.  Tried almost everything spoons, flys, plugs, cutbait on dowriggers, Dispsy's, and leadcore.  Fished from 125' to 400' FOW - nothing just one single hit in 2 days.  Everyone we talked to wasn't having any better luck with an occassional fish here and there.

Has anyone been out of porthope lately thinking about stopping in for a afternoon fish! Fished frenchmans all morning from 95 to 250 fow not a single release the amount of baitfish was crazy all near the top could see them even seen a king swimming at them Damn things!

• 2 weeks later...

Out yesterday off Bowmanville.We went out at 5:30 pm while most all other boats were coming off cause of high winds. Pounded waves til we hit 120'. Dodger fly in greens down at 50' caught me a king that just about wore the prints off my thumb. Wild fun in 4-5 footers. This king kept peeling line right till it landed in the net. No weigh scale but am convinced it went 30 plus..lots of pictures..just gotta figure out how to load em here. Half hour later a dipsy with purples and pink DP spoon took a good run and won the battle .One more release around 7:30 then went home..too rough. I'm still pumped..first Lake O fish of the season will be tough act for me to follow!!

Edited by TYMZUP

Pickerallkiller - Sounds like you have the pattern down.  Are you out there this week?  I'm headed for the week leaving today.  I'm out there any time the weather is decent and in a little 17 foot Princecraft.  Any advice is appreciated.  I don't have the fish hawk and notciced it was neccessary in Wellington / Scotch Bonnet area to determine the sped at the ball because of the currents.  Are they similar in Port Hope Area or not as prevelant?  I am just guessing and trying to keep boat speed around 2.5 to 3.  Is this similar to what your doing?  

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Pickeral Kiler - Had a great week - stayed at Vistoria park in Coburg and met a few god folks at the boat launch that helped point me int he right direction.  Had on ly one fish in a week off dreamweaver in green with green fly.  Hard fishing but they were there.  Had better luck when I chased the big  boats into big water and the weather was agreeing.  Here is a pic or two for evidence

post-152811-0-14543500-1408535546_thumb.jpg

post-152811-0-61861500-1408535547_thumb.jpg

post-152811-0-75614900-1408535550_thumb.jpg

post-152811-0-31155900-1408535552_thumb.jpg

post-152811-0-68021100-1408535553_thumb.jpg